Sign in to follow this  
shambino

NCO financial

I had a charge off account for mbna. I don't know the original date of the charge off because it is not showing charge off on the CR since 03(no 24month payment history)but is is under the comments section. There isn't an account number showing up on my credit report either, how can i know if its mine with out the account number.MBNA said it was turned over to NCO but they are not showing up on the CR at all. i have filed a dispute with the CB's and they say it comes back as valid. What steps should i take to get this settled, from what i have read i need to send a letter to NCO telling them to validate the account and send me proof that it is my account right. after that is done do i contact MBNA since theirs is the on on the CR or should i just wait to see what NCO does and the go from there. this is the only ding on my CR.

MBNA this is from the report i pulled on july 8th. I hope this helps i need advice to get this settled

Equifax Experian TransUnion

Reported Reported Not Reported

Account Type: Revolving Revolving

Account Number: XXXX XXXX

Payment Responsibility: Individual Individual

Date Opened: 10/1999 10/1999

Balance Date: 10/2004 01/2003

Balance Amount: $0

Monthly Payment:

High/Limit: $0 $1,300

Account Status: Collection Collection

Past Due Amount: $0 $0

Comments: CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD CHARGE OFF

MBNAPO Box 15026

24-Month Payment HistoryEquifax

No 24-Month Payment Data available for display.

Experian

CO 90 90 60 NR 30 * * * 90 90 90 60 * * * * * * * * * 90 90

Feb Jan Dec Nov Oct Sep Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar Feb Jan Dec Nov Oct Sep Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar

03 03 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01

Payment History KEY

KEY:

Meaning Pays or Paid as Agreed 30 Days Past Due 60 Days Past Due 90 Days Past Due 120+ Days Past Due/ Collection Account Payment Plan Repossession or Foreclosure Charged Off to bad debt Not Reported

Symbol * 30 60 90 120 PP RF CO NR

Seven-Year Payment History Equifax Experian TransUnion

30 Days Past Due: 0 0

60 Days Past Due: 0 0

90 Days Past Due: 0 0

If you really want to get the TL off your credit report, prepare to sue NCO. They violate the hell out of the law all the time, so documenting violations shouldn't be hard at all.

Letters in most cases don't work and are only useful for dredging up more violations and asserting your rights as a consumer.

so i shouldn't dend them a version of a sample letter, and also state that i will sue. and shouldn't there be an account number on there not just xxxxx, can i get more clarification on what i should do

This isn't a guessing game for the consumer. If you don't understand what the heck NCO is doing on your credit report, tell them that.

I prefer the short, sweet "I dispute" DV letter, but you use whatever letter you want.

I wouldn't mention suing, ever in fact. If you are going to sue, document the evidence, and sue.

People that talk about suing rarely ever do.

For right now, 1-2 punch them and see what they do. Stay off the phone.

nco isn't showing up on my credit report. just mbna so will the DV letter work in this case for NCO. from my understanding if mbna has sent it to a ca then it is out of there hand. The last thing i want is for nco to start reporting it.

You Can't DV an OC. You can do a FACTA request, but the FDCPA does not apply.

You are probably right about dealing with the CA. I wouldn't worry too much about NCO reporting it. They break the law a thousand times per day.

nco isn't showing up on my credit report. just mbna so will the DV letter work in this case for NCO. from my understanding if mbna has sent it to a ca then it is out of there hand. The last thing i want is for nco to start reporting it.

Not necessarily.

There are assignees and debt purchasers.

If NCO is just an assignee or "working" the account, they are just the agent for MBNA and trying to collect. Other than sending you naughty letters, they have no legal standing to do much else. IOW, it's NOT out of MBNA's hands, they are just using NCO as their collection agency.

If NCO purchased the account, MBNA washed their hands of it. Easiest way to tell is to look at the TL MBNA reports. If it still has a balance, they haven't sold it. If they sold it to NCO, it would say sold/transfered with a $0 balance.

According to your reports, it looks like MBNA sold it to NCO.

Since NCO hasn't dunned you, called you, reported to the CRAs or pulled your credit, not much you can do at this stage.

I can guarantee that they WILL do a hard pull on your credit eventually. After that they will send an initial dunning letter which may or may not include a mini-miranda.

You Can't DV an OC. You can do a FACTA request, but the FDCPA does not apply.

Depends on his state laws.

FDCPA applies to OCs in these states:

Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Just out of curiosity, what is the source of your credit report? Mailed copy from the CRAs, online copies from the CRAs or a 3rd party vendor like myfico/privacyguard?

I had NCO pop up on my CR on 7/14. :evil: I disputed them as "not mine" on 7/15 with EX & TU. By 7/24 they were deleted!!! :D From my experience, and the experience of others, they are a very easy CA to get rid of. (Their record keeping is horrible)

Just out of curiosity, what is the source of your credit report? Mailed copy from the CRAs, online copies from the CRAs or a 3rd party vendor like myfico/privacyguard?

a 3in1 report.... nco has called in the past but havent gotten a letter from them. i have just now started checking my credit often and that call those calls were over a year ago but non after that.