Will The Real Lester Tim Please Stand Up???

tim54

Need some expert advice!

Dilemma…. my birth name is Lester Tim and appears on my credit report correctly. For years, I have used only Tim, which also is on my credit report. Other aliases are Lester along with a few miss spelled names. In any case there is a list of about eight names on my report.

I have Bank accounts and utilities in both names. My driver license is in Lester Tim but the fact is I can provide evidence of either name as me.

So here is my dilemma… do I try to correct my report to reflect my birth name Lester Tim or do I correct my report to Tim

Tim has better credit then Lester Tim!

My S.S is Lester Tim.

Will they know what I am trying to “pull off” and eradicate all the other names? How does this work :?::speechless:

I just went through the same thing. Last year when I pulled my CR's I had from 7 to a 12 different spellings or variations of my name.

I sent out removal letters and had them all removed. I have been told that I looks better to not have multiple aliasis and to use only the name as it appears on your Birth cert.

Hate...Ha ha ha! Why don't I just send you a my credit card and let you fix the problem.

Steve, I understand that it woud be better put it under my birth name but my alias has better credit then me. do you think I would get away with putting all my credit histoy under my a.k.a. ?

Hate...Ha ha ha! Why don't I just send you a my credit card and let you fix the problem.

Steve, I understand that it woud be better put it under my birth name but my alias has better credit then me. do you think I would get away with putting all my credit history under my a.k.a. ?

Hi Tim,

I might be misunderstanding your post but do you currently have two different credit reports under different names or something? I don't want to misinterpret your goal but will share our recent experience.

My hubby and myself had several variations of our names on our credit reports and I wrote letters to each CRA asking them to correct them..which they did but all of the accounts we had before are still there, they just updated our names..it did not make the accounts that were under variations of our names disappear or change in anyway.

Hope that helps.

Tim...in theory and over time I suppose it could be a catalyst for exactly that to happen because if you update your name and addresses for instance and then later down the road were to dispute an account that had a different name and/or address and they could not verify it then it would help create a reason for deletion..make sense?

By the way - they did leave 2 variations of my husband's name on his credit report, which we don't mind because he legitimately has accounts under those names... sometimes if you have accounts reporting under certain names they will tell you to correct it with the company reporting it and then they will take the name variation off of your credit report..make sense? I'm no expert on this though and we didn't feel compelled to push the issue, we were content with them taking off the other 32 name variations and 2 unknown SS numbers off of his report!

:D