kissinger99

High CL's Anyone? Citi card method

Thought I'd share this on this board, many people have had much luck with it on other boards. I just did a quick search and saw nothing about it so here goes:

Step 1 - Apply for Citi Premier Pass. It seems to be pretty easy to get and they are giving high CL.

Step 2 - Wait 24 hours and apply again. Most people are getting approved for 3-4 cards instantly. (Pull TU in IN)

Step 3 - When you get the cards call and combine them all into one giant account.

I have done this for myself and my wife and I cannot believe how easy it was. The CSR was extremely nice and it was all trouble free to get them combined. On top of everything else, they sent me a bt check for nearly the entire credit limit with 0%/12mos and no fees! Good luck and if you try this post your results so others can see how easy it is!

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/prodRedir.asp?m=5CSR1G5M00W&app=UNSOL&sc=4WTIW1Q5&langId=en&siteId=CB&BUS_TYP_CD=CONSUMER&B=A&ptc=PW&pid=170

We were kinda talking about it in the off topic thread. Just a couple of us though. Heh. Here's the link:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33416

I ended up getting 4 Premier Pass cards to go with my Dividends and Quicken cards.

I got approved (all instant approvals) for:

Dividends : $2000

Quicken : $7500

Premier Pass : $6000

After combining and switching, I'll end up with:

1 Platinum Select : $12,000

1 Dividends Select : $14,000

1 Quicken : $7500

:D

That sounds great to try, but before I do, it would be important to know if they will except with open Collections, that are 4 years old, unpaid, I have a few open lines of revolving now, 1 installment, no lates for 4 years. Just a couple of collections, I just know that certain creditors, no matter what your scores will deny immediately because of an open collection...Whats the word?? :cool:

I applied and got "We received your applicaton but we need more time!!" My wife applied and instantly got the $6000-so if I want to apply again for her, does it have to be exactly 24 hours to the dot or if I applied at 6pm today can I apply at 3pm tomorrow?

No, it doesn't have to be exactly 24 hours. I'd heard as long as the DATE was different. However, I saw over on CB today that someone applied this morning and then this afternoon and got both. So...I dunno.

This process is easy...but that doesn't mean the approval is easy. I was approved with a clean report and a 680 score. I had applied for a Citi AA card (about the same level) a month earlier with one CO from 4 years ago and was denied...and denied again upon reconsideration.

So...I don't know what exactly they're looking for. But if you have TONS of baddies...don't expect too much. Citi is prime.

:D

Well I've been reading about these offers and had a question.

I already have a Citibank Platinum Select Card with a CL of $6000. It's been inactive since 1/2001 and I just called them to see if they had any Balance transfer offers, they said they would have to submit a referral to find out, they didn't have any offers on my account currently.

So what if I apply for this Citi PP card(s). Do you think I can combine the limits to my Plat Select card AND transfer the 0% balance transfer offer from the Citi PP card(s) to my old Plat Select card?

You can certainly try. You HAVE TO bring it up when you ask to combine limits though, because otherwise they'll not be able to go back and do it. I think as long as they are doing it during the transfer, they can...but they won't automatically transfer the perks.

Sweet! Just got approved for the PP at $6000 as well. I applied yesterday for a different card so I might run a few apps here and bulk it up too! I saw that it does not report the limit. Has anyone tried CRA disputes about the lack of limit reporting?

I think people have tried with very little success. The fun with this is that it's a backdoor to their better cards. When you get the PP in the mail, call to activate it and tell the people you want to switch it to the Platinum Select.

Then, if you get more Premier Pass cards, when you get those, with each one, call to activate it, but tell them instead, you want to combine the limits with your Platinum Select (or whatever other card you have).

So, instead of actually USING your Premier Pass cards, you just use them to get a higher limit or better cards. AAdvantage and Premier Pass both don't report limits. And even w/ maxing out and paying, I've read that they still won't report credit limit/high credit. It's best to switch them over.

Congrats on your new card! :D

I just applied online for the Premier Pass card and was approved with a 6k limit!!! The funny thing about this is that I was declined for a target guest card. My question is, when I call to activate the card to ask them to swith this to a better card, are they going to pull my credit again, or just do it with no questions asked. I think this was a fluke approval, that is why I ask.

They won't pull again - at least I've never heard of them doing it. It souldn't be a big deal at all...just ask to switch cards because PP doesn't report limits and it messes up your FICO.

Most people switch to their Platinum Select. And don't forget to make sure they transfer your perks too. :D

Hey guys and Gents can you list your baddies you know of , and include whether they are paid, unpaid, couple late payments, how old the CO is...ETC.

This is a must for us that have a couple of CO's left because my scores are OK, but I have been denied in the past for prime cards because I still had a 4 year old CO on my account...Thanks All... :D

As of 08/04/2005:

FICO's

TU 611

EQ 634

EX 589

I have a mortgage with no lates, BofA $99/$500 card, no lates, orchard secured $200 limit, no lates. I have also recently paid off a secured loan and a $5k unsecured loan, neither of those have lates either. I DO have a few old baddies I am still trying to get rid of, but nothing unpaid. My utilization is below 10%.

I was VERY surprised when they approved me for this card. I tried the button 4 times, and was approved for $6k each time. I still think it was a fluke with my scores, but hey - I'll take it.

Thank you very much to those who have helped me on this site. October of 2004 I was around a 520 FICO score and couldn't get a mortgage. I never would have been able to do it without you guys! :lol::lol::lol: