kissinger99

High CL's Anyone? Citi card method

FNP, this thread was outdated, but inexplicably resurrected anyway. This "method" no longer works, as Citi will now only allow one application every 60 days. Everyone apparently enjoyed too much of a good thing for Citi's liking!!

I don't thing you got the gist of what was said...

Call my score whatever you want. All I know is it's a good one. My score will pretty well get what your score gets in terms of a loan or mortgage (maybe .15% difference). However, a lot of these scores are extremely mediocre -600-650 is not great -, YET the approvals with huge lines based on these scores boggles.

As far as judging, you'll note I didnt single anyone out. I won't do that.

Anyway, you people are outstanding contributers to this forum. Indeed, I have never found so much sound knowledge in one place as this one.

Mike, one person's mediocre is another person's huge improvement on something that was far worse. You really shouldn't sit in judgment on people's scores. My TU score is 797. Would you like me to call your score (whichever one it might be, you have several... perhaps AmEx didn't pull the report you mentioned) mediocre because mine is better? I wouldn't do that. No one here would.

BayStateMom is correct, many of us who had problems in the past now use credit sparingly and strategically, and like increasing our limits not to run them up, but to improve our utilization percentage, thereby helping our scores.

Welcome to the board, but please try to be a little less judgmental in future. We're all here to learn from one another, not make one another feel small. :)

Mike, a score of 650 is not "extremely mediocre." You don't have to single anyone out to be judgmental. And the exchange rate thing was a joke.

Welcome. :)

The exchange rate joke's been done before, so no this time around it doesnt crack much of smile. What's hilarious, however, is the fact that China's owns much of America's considerable debt. Now if they would just call it all in...

Now that would be funny:)

Mike