kissinger99

High CL's Anyone? Citi card method

Congrats on the approvals....we just all be very careful with it now! :D

And YES...it is scary. I just got close to $35,000 in credit in the last week from them. To me, that's terrifying. I went from having only small, subprime cards to pretty much having as much credit as I'll ever need (because, who's to say I can't just keep applying for PP cards??). This can be a WONDERFUL thing for me or can be a HORRIBLE thing for me.

We'll all have to just realize that it's only credit - no matter how much it seems like free money. 8)

And Citi isn't a company you want to deal with in default. Apparently, they have quite a records department. :lol:

:wink: Good job, guys.

Just a heads up for you guys doing this.

I called the first to consolidate into my Dividens card. No problem. Then I called for #2 to consolidate into my Quicken card. No problem. I called for #3 to consolidate into my Dividends card again - PROBLEM. :shock:

I thought they were gonna spank me and take away my cards because they kept telling me I'd already consolidated that card and putting me on hold.

He finally got his supervisor in there and she said you can't do the same card within the same 24-hour period. I whined a little and he said if I try it tomorrow, it should be fine.

SOOOO...if you want to combine 2 PP cards onto the same card, do it at least 24 hours after your first. It's kinda scary when they say they can't do that.

:wink:

ok now I have a question :?::?: since my wife has 3 cards coming what is the best way to consolidate them? Call them when she gets the first and tell them she wants it to be a PS? If she does that then can she call the next day and get the next PP transferred to that new PS account? Or will she need to open a Dividend card? She wants only one card if possible.

Thanks

If she only wants 1 card, I would call the first day and change your PP to a PS.

I think you can probably consolidate the 2nd one the same day. However...I'm not positive on that one - you might need to wait until you get your new PS card in the mail.

Honestly, I would just ask them about that one. Make the switch with one phone call and the limit cosolidation with another.

Then I'd wait 24 hours after the first consolidation, whenver it happens, before consolidating the limits of #3.

Quicken is harder to get, from what I understand...so if you have any baddies at all, I wouldn't waste the inq. If you're clean and have a good score, I'd say go for it.

Dividend is (from what I hear) one of the best cards for rewards and terms....and so is the Diamond. Check both of those out on their site and see which sounds better to you.

You can combine both your PPs on the Dividend for a beautiful limit. That's what I'm ending up doing - all except one, which went on Quicken.

Has anybody seen the credit reporting of this "scheme" yet? Ive been approved for 3 PP's at $6K each. Nice $18K total that would really help my utilization once it is converted to Platinum and consolidated.

Anyway, has anyone confirmed that Citi will NOT report each PP card as an "Open and then Closed the same month" tradeline? Having 3 of those TLs added would really whack your avg age of accounts. Or do they forego the PP reporting and just report the one or two consolidated cards?

Has anybody actually seen the effect of this method on their CRs?

(Btw, someone mentioned CM's avatar. That's a british comedian named Eddie Izzard. A damn funny dude if you are into somewhat intelligent comedy, while crossdressing. Check him out.)

They were talking about it over on CB a little bit....I think I heard one of each (one reporting the consolidated/closed accounts, one saying no reporting except the final cards).

The way I did my consolidation was I called and *before* I activated it, I asked to consolidate. Maybe that way, they won't report. Some of the ones I saw in the beginning were activating the cards, using it to get the points/miles/whatever and THEN consolidating. That might make a difference.

I dunno yet...haven't seen anything either way on my reports. I'll be sure to report my findings though.

:D

Holy Crap! I was approved for the first PP card on August 4th. IT IS ALREADY BEING REPORTED AS OF THIS MORNING! Theres a brand new Citi TL on my Experian reporting as "Open" "Revolving" "$0 limit" "Current". 6 days from app to reporting? I havent even received the card, nor activated it yet and it is already being reported????

Man I sure hope this doesnt backfire.

Wow! That's quick!!

I've had my Quicken and Dividends in my hands for about a week and nothing is reporting yet. I've had three of my PP cards in hand for a couple of days and no reporting yet.

It shouldn't backfire anything. If you're planning on converting it, the tradeline will stay on there the same and another won't be added...but the info will change (will start reporting a limit to whatever card to change it to). If you're consolidating the limits onto another card, it'll just close that account.

I think the new low utilization points should outweigh the young tradeline points. You should still be ok. If you take any bump, I wouldn't expect it to be that much - and it shouldn't last that long.

Yep...I just saw my reports this morning. One of my PP cards is reporting on both TU and EX. It says $0 limit and Open.

Odd because I never actually activated it.

My score didn't go anywhere up or down - so I guess that's ok.

I got my last PP card today (#4) and I did all the consolidations, so now my cards are complete. $13,500 Quicken and $20,000 Dividends. :D

FYI - Just got off the phone with the approvals department at Citibank. They did indeed approve me for 4 PP with $6000 CL each. They denied for the Platinum Select because I had too many applications within a 30 day time period, and did not even check my credit. The customer service rep told me that the system allows only one application to be approved in a 30 day time period. She then informed me that I will receive my 4 cards within 7 - 10 days. 8-)

The question is,

When they arrive, do I call customer service and ask for the limits on 2 to be combined, and converted to a Platinum Select? Or do I convert one card, and then call back to combine the limits? I definitely will not do more than 2 cards within 24 hours. Also, do you think they will change a PP to a Dividends or Diamond card??? Any advice would be appreciated, because I do not want to raise any flags and have them cancel one or :shock: all of my cards.

You can do it in any order, I think. I haven't heard of anyone having a hard time of it one way or another.

You can try to get them to convert the card to Dividends/Diamond...I heard that might take a little more convincing than if you just went to PS. PS has some great rewards though, too, so don't fret if you can only get that. It's a prime card, too. :D

But, yeah, I certainly say give it a shot.

By the way...one of my PPs just reported to Equifax this morning...my score went up 6 points even though it says $0 limit. :wink:

thanks chase- I called and she said to call back on monday? she said takes 24-48 hrs to process the app. I wonder why some were able to find out after an hour?

We have moved twice here lately, so a lot of my apps haven't been instant but have been approved upon talking to me and getting address verification, so maybe thats it. I hope so, would love to do some BT's if its a good amount.

ok so i got approved for two Citi PremierPass(SM) Card Elite Level cards

No what am i supposed to be doing with these?!?!

I have no other citi cards, so should I convert one of these to another card that reports limits, which one is everyone else getting it converted to?

Then I add the other PP to the newly converted card?

or do I combine first then convert?