kissinger99

High CL's Anyone? Citi card method

The judgement was recorded in 2001 from an account she let go in 1999. I was able to settle it for her with the collection agency for $1500 when the original was over $7K. It is the only baddie on her reports now. She better not screw things up this time. I have her bills all paid online and automatic now. I monitor things very closely. I have hours and hours invested in her credit situation.

I have been reading on some other boards that there is a possibility of these accounts being reviewed and possibly closed or the credit limit decreased as a result of people being approved for 2 many cards. Do any of you feel this is a possibility, and if so, what can I do to avoid raising any flags. I have yet to activate and consolidate cards 3 and 4, and am considering not doing so out of fear of them cancelling or decreasing my CL. Does anybody think there is any chance of this happening, or am I just being paranoid??? I find it kind of hard to imagine that they would have the time / manpower to manually review all of their recent approvals.

Reviews are somewhat random but on the oft chance that they pull your reports and see a bunch of derogs and one Citi card with a 30K limit they WILL either close it or reduce your limit substantially. Im still genuinely surprised you were approved with those scores in the first place. I would tread VERY lightly, keep your balance very low, and be ready for a notice of closure at any time. Do not get yourself trapped with a big balance on a closed by grantor card where they might jack your interest rate prior to closing it (I don't know if Citi uses the Univ. Def. Clause?).

Ok, I got bold and applied for the PP card, and I got "Congratulations! We received your app". Then, they let me accessorize, but it never said anything about being approved or not. That's strange. Has anyone ever got that message and HAVE/NOT been approved? I only applied for one card. $6K is cool with me!

Status: Just called back to check the status of the application. CSR asked me a bunch of questions that was already on my application. Seems like they have already verified the info and was double checking. Anyone ever go through the 21 questions?

I have been reading on some other boards that there is a possibility of these accounts being reviewed and possibly closed or the credit limit decreased as a result of people being approved for 2 many cards. Do any of you feel this is a possibility, and if so, what can I do to avoid raising any flags. I have yet to activate and consolidate cards 3 and 4, and am considering not doing so out of fear of them cancelling or decreasing my CL. Does anybody think there is any chance of this happening, or am I just being paranoid??? I find it kind of hard to imagine that they would have the time / manpower to manually review all of their recent approvals.

Don't think everything you read is set in stone. From what I've read on this thread, for the most part everyone's experiences have been positive! Enjoy your credit. 8-)

Yes....do enjoy it. But still, do as Devil says and be EXTRA careful with it.

If you ask for a CLI, they will manually review your accounts. If you get dangerously close to your limit, they may manually review. Same with being late on a payment...manual review. Each of these things could have an impact. Just don't push it.

Just play it safe and smart. :D

I feel like I'm being ignored.....lol

Ok, I got bold and applied for the PP card, and I got "Congratulations! We received your app". Then, they let me accessorize, but it never said anything about being approved or not. That's strange. Has anyone ever got that message and HAVE/NOT been approved? I only applied for one card. $6K is cool with me!
I feel like I'm being ignored.....lol

I called, and they told me that I had to wait a couple of days because they just got my application. I don't think I got it. My score is pretty decent with TU, not what my sig says.... It went up to 640 because of a TL that has been added on to my CR. Crossing my fingers. Thanks, Chase.

That really applies to ALL of us using this method. Be extremely careful with this card. It might be a blessing now but could quickly turn into a nightmare of epic proportions.

Honestly, I really think this is some kind of glitch in their system and if people start screwing up and getting manual reviews and getting 18K, 24K, 30K and up limits pulled they will catch on and start reviewing ALL of the approvals and possibly close all of our accounts.

Be careful and don't be that person who screws it up for the rest of us!

I have decided that what I will do, is activate 1 PP Pass account. I have already consolidated the other 2 into a Diamonds Preferred with 12k limit. Card number four I will not activate. Hopefully this way even if they begin to manually review, I will be far enough below their radar to escape. Plus, my utilization has always been below 10%. I generally pay my accounts in full each month. I have also had 2 5 year loans through citifinancial which were paid off within 6 months. I am hoping that even if they do manually review, they will look at my recent history, and my track record with Citi. My scores are low because of 2 Crap 1 accounts which I cannot get rid of, as well as something from LVNV Funding, which I have no idea what it is. I have no delinquent or late payment accounts since 2001. However, I will not get greedy, as I do not want to be the one that triggers manual investigations.

:twothumbsup: Agreed.

Though I *am* one that ended up with a $20k card and a $13k card out of it (though only $18k through multiple PPs). And I do have no baddies and a decent score.

I'm trying to be very careful, too. So far, I've only used my cards for balance transfers (bye bye Household!!!!), school books (ouch), and a scooter (to save money on gas!).

8) :wink:

Has this happened to anyone? They are asking for my pay stub, phone bill and CC statement. What's that all about? Has this happened to anyone recently?

Did you get instant approval or we'll notify you in 30 days message when you applied?

The message I got when I applied was "Congratulations! Your application was submitted" and they let me pick options for the cards. What message did you get when you first applied?

I actually received instant approval on one and the second did just like yours did. We received your application and let me pick options for the card.

Did they notify you by mail for the docs or just call you up? How long did it take for them to ask?

Hello guys.

I applied for 2 pps in a row and both approved instantly 6K each. and that was on 18th.

on 20th I applied for 4 more in a row and approved again instantly for 6K each.

now did I screw it up? applied 2 on 18th will ne considered as 1 card ???

and applied 4 pps on 20th will be considered as 1 pp card? because they were on same day?

and they pulled my TU every single time in TX. and if i did screw up then should i apply for more each in 24 hour period?

Thanx .

We were kinda talking about it in the off topic thread. Just a couple of us though. Heh. Here's the link:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33416

I ended up getting 4 Premier Pass cards to go with my Dividends and Quicken cards.

I got approved (all instant approvals) for:

Dividends : $2000

Quicken : $7500

Premier Pass : $6000

After combining and switching, I'll end up with:

1 Platinum Select : $12,000

1 Dividends Select : $14,000

1 Quicken : $7500

:D

C M Chase.......

Now did u apply for 4 PPs 6K each on same day in a row? or on diff date each?

because i have 2 Pps approved 6 K each on same date in a row and another 4 Pps 6 K each on 2 days later in a row.

I am just afraid , that i might recive only 2 cards since i have multiple application on same date they might think its a 1 application. any answers? Thanx

You should be fine. I did mine all on different days...but others have done the same-day apps and have been just fine. You should get all 6 cards.

Don't do anything that would prompt a manual review. If I were you, I'd take your cards and make at least 2 cards out of that (PS and Diamond, maybe?). If you haven't had much credit and then they look and see you have a brand new $36,000 line...they might start looking closer. I haven't seen anyone get their lines closed, but I wouldn't want you to be the first. :wink:

Congrats on the new cards!!! Feels amazing, doesn't it?

:D

Thanx C M Chase.

The reason I am confused, because every time i filled out application and hit submit i would get page saying congrats revolving credit line 6000.00 and i saw that page after every single application, thats why my eyes tell me its a same page every time lol.

If the aproval amount was different each time then would be diff case. so lets see if i will recieve all six or just 2.

I read this thread but was not able to see if anyone has applied in same day for multiple cards. Can someone confirm if they DID apply in same day and recieved all the cards?

Thank you so much .

I don't think anyone on this site has done the same-day apps. Go look on creditboards.com and find the Premier Pass thread. I know for sure there were a few there that did it.

If you applied six times, you got approved 6 times...I promise. That's how everyone here did it. All four of my approvals were the same amount. :D