Sign in to follow this  
CreditJunky

? for firstsource and all

I am wanting to buy a new home in L.A., California. I have no clue how much I could potentially borrow. I make ~54K / YR. My middle score is 642. And the only debts I have are two students loans. One that I pay monthly ($209) and another paid quarterly ($174). I have about $50,000 for a down payment. I also have my brother that is a homeowner, that wants to buy a second home and help me out at the same time(potentially more down). His income is approx. $100,000/YR. His middle score is in the high 700's. What is the most we could qualify for and what kind of rates are we looking at (30 YR fixed)?

What price range of homes are you wanting to buy. In your market, I know that prices are on the high side, but to answer your question, that would help to know what you have been looking at.

Charles

Yeah - good luck - for $400K - you had better start looking in the Antelope Valley - I couldnt find anything (Single Family Home) worth moving into in the San Fernando Valley for that price.

Charles Asked if I had indoor plumbing when I told him my CA house was $390K - LOL!

G' Luck

SomeoneYouKnow

condo.........450K+(this is in the Alhambra, CA area) We can probably afford about $2800/month. $1400 from me and $1400 from my bro. That leaves my D/I ratio right around 31%. Not counting my two previously stated student loans. I am an Engineer at the entry level, and expect my income to double within 5 yrs, and that is a very conservative outlook, considering the trend and need in SoCal.