Patelco denial, Chase Approval?

Well, I thought Patelco was going to be my Go-To source for credit. Not so sure now. I am now 9 months post BK7 and Patelco had recently given me a $1000 platinum Mastercard. I keep a $0-$5 balance on their card and all my cards for that matter. Since I am starting school in two weeks, I called Patelco and applied for a computer loan for a laptop. They were nice, but they ran my credit and denied my application. So I went to Circuit City and bought the laptop anyway (I was planning on puttting it on my corporate AmEx). Just for the h*ll of it, I applied for the 24month No Interest Circuit City Chase Card. To my astonishment, I was approved. Obviously, I put the laptop on the interest free Chase card.

I thought Chase was picky with their customers...and my credit is far from unblemished. And I have to say that I am surprised Patelco turned down my business. I guess you never know :hmm:

Well, I thought Patelco was going to be my Go-To source for credit. Not so sure now. I am now 9 months post BK7 and Patelco had recently given me a $1000 platinum Mastercard. I keep a $0-$5 balance on their card and all my cards for that matter. Since I am starting school in two weeks, I called Patelco and applied for a computer loan for a laptop. They were nice, but they ran my credit and denied my application. So I went to Circuit City and bought the laptop anyway (I was planning on puttting it on my corporate AmEx). Just for the h*ll of it, I applied for the 24month No Interest Circuit City Chase Card. To my astonishment, I was approved. Obviously, I put the laptop on the interest free Chase card.

I thought Chase was picky with their customers...and my credit is far from unblemished. And I have to say that I am surprised Patelco turned down my business. I guess you never know :hmm:

Who did Chase pull???

lots of people have good luck w/Chase but i'm paranoid about them cuz I've heard they are crazy about universal default..oh you're applying for a mortgage..let's jack your rate to 28% and lower all your CL's to 100 above your balance..patelco doesn't even have default rate so i stick w/them