Sign in to follow this  
Darkcloud66

Lexington Law a huge scam!

I made the incredible mistake of signing up with Lexington Law a month ago. They managed to accomplish no deletions, three stall letters and 4 positive trade lines deleted! Nice work huh?!

I canceled my account and ask for my $99.00 back, since they made my credit worse than when I started and they absolutely refused. I filed a compaint with the FTC and the BBB. Below is my BBB complaint against them. By all means, do NOT use this company. Dispute Mill scan artists and will damage your credit even further!

--------------------------------------------------------------

The BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF UTAH

Consumer's Original Complaint : Case # 22015xxx

On July 14, 2005 I hired Lexington Law Firm to help repair my credit. I paid a $99.00 start up fee to begin my case. My Case # 3908xx. They sent me a contract to sign that failed to disclose specific acts that the credit bureau may take and that my credit may be damaged in the process of trying to repair it. This was not explained to me either in any way and they both flatly denied this is possible and lied that they ever heard of such a thing. They commenced sending out letters to the bureaus to correct information on my report on July 20, 2005. On August 15, 2005; I discovered that the credit bureau Experian had delete 4 positive items as a direct result of the letters that Lexington Law had drafted on my behalf. No incorrect items were deleted. I tried numerous times to speak with Lexington Law about this and they stated they had never heard of this before. I spoke to Mike, Michael, Brian and Cole. After doing extensive research and calling Experian myself, I found this is a common practice, especially if the letters written are not clear, which they were not. I asked to speak to a supervisor and a directing attorney at Lexington Law, but after five days I received no response. Lexington Law damaged my credit, by causing positive trade lines to be deleted, my FICO score is now 70 points lower, than when I began their service, they ignored all of my requests for help and failed to return my emails and calls and failed to disclose, verbally or written, that credit repair attempts may damage your credit further. I cancelled my account and asked for a refund of $99.00. Lexington Law stead-fastly refused to refund my money for their extremely poor service and the additional harm, emotional stress and wasted time they cause to my credit report, me and the embarrassment of further decline in my credit score. I respectfully ask the BBB to negotiate the refund of my $99.00.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:

Refund of my $99.00

BBB Processing

08/16/2005 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB

:evil:

I agree 100 percent. I waisted sooo much money with these clowns only to find out that I can do it better and cleaner than they ever could.

I hope someone pulls a class action law suit against them. I'd love to recoup even a quarter of what I spent with them.

I toyed with the idea of using a firm similar to Lexington Law to assist with my credit repair efforts. However, after hearing many stories of how such firms mark any deletion, even of positive tradelines, in the "win" column, I backed away. You'll note that when they list their stats they say only "deletions," they don't specify as to what type of TL was deleted.

The BBB complaint is basically useless. They have no power over anything.

Make sure you send that complaint to the FTC, your state's attorney general, and their state's attorney general.

Good luck...sorry you had to deal with the infamous Lexington. :evil:

Very good point and yes, that is true! I interviewed 9 credit repair agencies and they are all, save but one, dispute mills that can do more harm than good. That's the "law of large numbers" principle that they use for their sales propaganda.

After interviewing Fowler and Fowler, www.fowlerandfowler.net , extensively, I drilled them for 5 hours across two days, I believe that they might actually be legit.

They are a small company, 15 employees and are listed with Dunn and Bradstreet, BBB with never any complaints and I checked references of past clients. Past clients got satisfactory results. Also spoke to owner, via email, and she was prompt and answered a lot of specific questions.

They, by all acounts, appear to not be a dispute mill.

I am going to give them my wife's report, that has just a few errors, as a test-run, to see how they do.

I will keep everyone updated, but for now, I think I am going to tackle my own report since it has more serious errors on it.

c m chase:

The BBB complaint is basically useless. They have no power over anything.

Make sure you send that complaint to the FTC, your state's attorney general, and their state's attorney general.

I did complain to the BBB, the FTC and the attorney general of my state. When I got confirms back, via email, that my complaints were received, I emailed them all to Lexington and asked if they still didn't want to refund my $99.00.

I gave it about an hour, called Lexington and asked for the billing supervisor. I had him review all of my filed complaints and asked him if he wanted to go blind on paper work answering all these complaints or to just refund my money. He debited my account right over the phone!

BAM!

Sometimes you just gotta lay it down! :wink:

WOOHOOOOO!

Congrats on your refund! :D

Don't withdraw your complaints though - if they ask just say they refunded your money...even though they're still a scam company.

I already sent in the complaints! There is no way I am withdrawing them. Now, I have to contact all four OC's and have them put my positve TL's back on.

I hope the FTC shuts them down.

Hand written letters...what a joke! :x

Ps. they told me they have on-staff psychologists that carefully help them draft their letters. Yeah...OK, sure. On staff Kindercare students is more like it. :wink:

After interviewing Fowler and Fowler, www.fowlerandfowler.net , extensively, I drilled them for 5 hours across two days, I believe that they might actually be legit.

Looks like another scam to me.

They are just using the "we know all the other places you tried were scams, but WE aren't" method.

Wake up and start doing your own repair.

Looks like another scam to me.

They are just using the "we know all the other places you tried were scams, but WE aren't" method.

Wake up and start doing your own repair.

They maybe, but I learned a lot from this credit board the past month and from my bad experience with Lexington Law to feel that I know enough to ask the right questions. More to the point, if I know enough to do it myself, then I should know enough as to whether or not someone is legit or not. Agree? Yes/No?

I really drilled these people, checked actual references, called Dunn and Bradstreet, checked their entire BBB history, had them send me example letters and there have been a number of people on this board that have mentioned they used Fowler and Fowler and acheived good results.

If they scam me, I will get my money back, as I did with Lexington and will report it to everyone here and graciously admit my mistake.

See, with all due respect, I can't do this myself. I have a disability that won't tolerate the excessive time, stress and possible court cases that may ensue. I just can't physically or emotionally deal with 30 errors on my report.s I am limited in my mobility to even get to the Post Office to mail things CMRRR.

To me, its like doing your own taxes, a lot of people do, but a tax acountant can usually do them better and is better prepared. I understand your point, but if everyone on this board can learn to do credit repair, why can't there be legitmate companies that also do it? Its just a question, but an honest one...

Its not about money, I will be glad to pay someone/anyone who can do it and get results. I really don't care. Because of my situation, I would gladly pay thousands, IF it was done right.

Besides, I stated earlier,

I am going to give them my wife's report, that has just a few errors, as a test-run, to see how they do.

I will keep everyone updated, but for now, I think I am going to tackle my own report since it has more serious errors on it.

There is a much bigger learning curve than I think most people elude to on this board. Most of my problems, as you know are judgements, bks, charge-offs, this is stuff that if you dispute wrong, by doing it yourself, you can actually make it a lot worse! These are not simple erronous errors that can be easily challenged.

To that end, I am going to take baby steps with my own report, with the help of you and the whole board of wonderful people here and see what happens with my wife's report with Fowler and Fowler.

You have been a SUPERB help and I continue to want and encourage your support. I just thought I would tell you a little more about my situation and to be honest, its too overwhelming to me to be going to courts and trying to represent myself.

I will try some of your suggestions and keep you posted and ask lots of questions as I go. I really would love to see some real life letters of dipsutes, debt validations, how to dispute a judgement would be a HUGE help, etc.

There a ton of help here, but I can't find enough practical examples to study. Maybe you can direct me...

Hope you understand and your help, suggestions and warnings are well heeded.

Thanks!

I had read several other posts by people that claimed they had worked at Lexington Law. They mentioed they write their letters like you were a 3rd grader or had an IQ of 10.

Don't ask, but after I fired them, I got them to send me the letters they wrote. The ones that caused my positive trade lines to be removed.

They make me look like a complete idiot! Plus, they didn't even include the account numbers!!!

So how would the bureau know which account to review if I had three Citibank accounts? It wasn't the bureau's fault, Lexington was negligent in that the letter was so ambiguous and poorly written, what else could they do but to delete everything from Citibank, incl. my POSITIVE trade lines!

Lexington law need to be prosecuted for fraud and shut down! :censored:

Use the link below to view a copy of Lexington Law's letter!

I would love to hear what everyone thinks!!!

Any attorneys online that thinks we have a class action law suit or I have a case of defamation of character?

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_15927860/__hr_lex-tu-letter.jpg?bcCnOBDBdQwlH4vM

Hmmm... link shoud work but here is the text of the the letter:

Trans Union

PO Box 2000

Chester PA 19022

31 Jul 2005

Dear Trans Union,

I hope I am sending this to the right place. Please remove the accounts from St Farm Bk, Cbusasears, Citibank, and Citi. They aren’t mine and I don’t know why they are on my report. Please remove them.

Sincerely

(My Name)

Really nice, huh? I am sure that will cause the bureau to "jump right to it..." No wonder I got 2 stall letters from TU!

Oh geez, that is embarrassing! They certainly do a job of making you come off as the "least sophisticated consumer," don't they? And no wonder so many positive TLs get deleted with the way the letter presents the accounts. Did they simply list all of the accounts on your credit report??

Yes, it is embarrassing. I really thing its defamation of character, way beyond the fact they give the impression that I have only a third grade education, they lowered my FICO score 70 points with "lovely little letter", which obviously defames my character and presumes I am more of a credit risk than I am. I

It also is will-full negligence, at least I think, as well as likely fraud...they promise one thing and deliver a very inferior product.

I'd love to hear an opinion from an attorney that frequents this board.

Unfortunately, I think Lexington Law has its own team of lawyers that makes certain they operate in such a way that they have solid defenses to claims of fraud and misrepresentation. I receive regular e-mail solicitations from Lexington Law and I must say that they never promise a certain number of deletions or even what type of deletions (positive or negative TLs), never provide a sample dispute letter, and never promise to dispute only negative tradelines, etc. It is my understanding that they also don't provide anything like that by way of written contract. I know it doesn't seem right, but the burden is on the customer to ask, ask, ask questions beforehand and to request copies of their standard dispute letters so that you know exactly what you're signing up for. Otherwise, when you cry foul they will simply shake their heads and say that they made no representations to you that the letters would be worded a certain way, that they would attempt to delete only negative tradelines, and so forth. I know it's not what you want to hear, and it is only my humble opinion, but I don't see that you have much of a case. Buyer beware and all that rot. I toyed with the idea of using a credit repair firm for the most stubborn of my negative TLs but then remembered that even I, the person who cares the most about my credit, inadvertently caused a positive TL to be deleted. I figured if it happened to me with me being very diligent about what and how I disputed, then what might happen if I turned my reports and FICO scores over to an organization to whom I'm only a number?

Most of us here have done our own credit repair and will be happy to share with you what we've learned.

breathing_easier,

Thanks for the insight and comments. In a nut shell, I suffered a bad disability 2.5 yrs ago. Due to this, my former perfect credit was destroyed due to loss of ability to work and a disability case that took 2.5 yrs to win. In the mean time, I had to sell my house, claim bk, there was no other way out, but while I was ill, CA's, OC's, etc. FILLED my CR with TONS of erronous info, judgegments, charge offs, liens, etc. I have 28 negative items across my 3 reports and many are in the Public info area.

I want to buy a home again, but there is no way with my CR the way it is. I simply do not have the energy, due to disability, to take on a project of disputing 28 negative items, follow up, tracking, etc. I just can't physically or mentally do it.

Plus, after reading this board for a while, and all the credit laws, there is a huge learning curve! Knowing the law and HOW to write the letters and what to do with DV's and such is a whole other issue. There is tons of great info here, but few examples of what to actually write.

I can't help but feel there is some reputable firm that can do this for someone that simply can't. Like finding a good tax accountant...

Have you heard of Fowler and Fowler? I did extensive research and I mean extensive about them, asked all the right questions this time, have spent 7 total hours on the phone with them, got copies of their letters, spoke to the owner and sent them 16 emails with more request for info. Everything points to them actually being legit and not a dipsute mill. I even got these recommendation off this board:

fowler and fowler completely cleaned my credit 2 years ago, and recently cleaned my wifes completely.

they cost me literally 10 bucks per deletion back then.

cheap.

now they are 400 dollars for a year.

the results speak for themselves as my wifes scores are in the 700s now, mine were too.

----------------------------------------

The results of fowler and fowler speak for themselves because they fixed mine and my wifes perfectly. Scores before and after:

EX- 555 662 735

EQ- 590 640 720

TU- 655 678 740

-----------------------------------------

the BBB has a satisfactory report with fowler and fowler as well and my wife and I vouch for them as well.

Fowler and Fowler will even provide a complete file, ready for prosecution and litigation at the end, if I need to sue. I spent the entire week crawling up their butt to make sure they were for real. So far, they appear to one of the very few that may actual be able to help and be competent.

Its really not a money issue, now that my disability case is done and won, but an issue of the stress of "due it yourself" with a disability to boot.

I would gladly pay anyone, incl. on this board, money to do it right or to show me step by step what to write for each individual negative item I have and what to do if the CRA's don't repsond or delete. My CR's really are a mess. There was nothing I could do...I was totally incapacitated for 2 years! Not looking for sympathy...its just life and i'd like to get a home again and move forward. My credit is so bad, I have been turned down for jobs and car insurance!

Your thoughts about all this and on Fowler and Fowler, please! :?:

www.fowlerandfowler.net

Ps. sorry such a long post.