Child Support a "risky" thing to dispute?

beeboah

I have heard that there is no way you can ever get this off of your CR.

I owe back arrears, but I am currently paying. Yet the CSA is reporting me as 180 days past due. I went to dispute, and the only thing that happened was my child support arrears balance went up. (to reflect the 2 months I was out of work) during that time period. I am afraid that if I piss them off too bad they will not only put that information on EX, but EQ and TU. This all started after I asked for medicaid for my other child when I was out of work. Sure...get your kid's medicaid...then POP right on the CR, screw you time!

Any ideas?

I have heard that there is no way you can ever get this off of your CR.

That's not true. I have seen that come off of a credit report. It could easliy come off and the department that recieves the dispute has no daily contact with the people that you talk to at the child support place. but... You need to get this paid up and do the right thing.

You do need to be a man and handle up if your not paying.

Thanks,

Brad

onlybrad

Don't get me started on the issue of child support.

"Paying up" and "being a man" are politically correct terms.

Why is it that the only part of being a human being once you have been divorced is paying child support?

Is being a "man" paying your ex wife money that she can (and does) freely blow money on herself for whatever she pleases, including but not limited to items such as drugs etc? Not including the fact that she can legally stand 3 feet in front of you to advise you that this is what she does with your hard earned money, as opposed to spending it on your child?

Is being a "man" paying a system for taking away your child (even though you want your child)

What about some visitation enforcement as opposed to child support enforcement?

If I don't pay child support (which I do) courses of action are taken against me for free.

If the ex doesn't let me see my child (which she doesn't) I have the "right" to take her to court. That is of course if I could afford it.

Don't even think about legal aid in my jurisdiction. They refuse to get involved.

Before you tell someone to "be a man", think for a second.

It is not everyone on here who has the "pleasure" of having the "high priority" debts of child support and student loans simultaneously, combined with bad credit.

I may very well be barred or have this thread locked for standing up for what I believe in...which is equal rights for both parents.

If someone wants to be a mom and dad at the same time by (further to this allowing 0 visitation, then let them pay for the child).

I feel strongly about what I said, and those who are afraid to say the same will usually remain silent.

Trolls be warned, I do not back down until my thread is locked or my username is deleted.

Now I suggest that we bring this back to the context of the original post.

Amen! I went through that whole thing myself and was only able to get a completely erroneous CS TL deleted by contacting an EXECUTIVE of the CRA personally. All others methods failed and I am convinced that the CS credit people know less than we do about the topic.

Well, I agree with both sides as far as the argument is concerned.

I have a paid CS judgment (on record until March 2007) and 3 CS collections altogether. Two CS collections have been deleted from TU, one on EX and none of EQ. It's a matter of the clerk's office/support collection responding to the dispute in time. You have to be very clever and know when to dispute the TLs. CS collections are the ONLY negatives on my reports, due to being laid off in 2002 and 2004. I haven't been able to contact a single person at the clerk's office in NY, Suffolk and Westchester counties to talk to them about my collections.

When your CS collections are paid, they report as "Pays as Agreed" (EQ), "current/collection" (TU) and "Open/current, was a collection" (EX). My point is, they can come off.

Beeboah, this is NOT a forum to air out your problems, but to try to repair, maintain and monitor your credit wisely and in the process, gain knowledge of the law. what state are you in? I'm in NYC and if you are, I can try and help you rid yourself of the CS collections.

Brad you don't know this man's situation. You wouldn't be on this forum if you were paying all your bills and debts on time, now would you? Please try to be considerate to other people's situations.

Amen! I went through that whole thing myself and was only able to get a completely erroneous CS TL deleted by contacting an EXECUTIVE of the CRA personally. All others methods failed and I am convinced that the CS credit people know less than we do about the topic.

Thank you for your advice!

Well, I agree with both sides as far as the argument is concerned.

I have a paid CS judgment (on record until March 2007) and 3 CS collections altogether. Two CS collections have been deleted from TU, one on EX and none of EQ. It's a matter of the clerk's office/support collection responding to the dispute in time. You have to be very clever and know when to dispute the TLs. CS collections are the ONLY negatives on my reports, due to being laid off in 2002 and 2004. I haven't been able to contact a single person at the clerk's office in NY, Suffolk and Westchester counties to talk to them about my collections.

When your CS collections are paid, they report as "Pays as Agreed" (EQ), "current/collection" (TU) and "Open/current, was a collection" (EX). My point is, they can come off.

Beeboah, this is NOT a forum to air out your problems, but to try to repair, maintain and monitor your credit wisely and in the process, gain knowledge of the law. what state are you in? I'm in NYC and if you are, I can try and help you rid yourself of the CS collections.

Brad you don't know this man's situation. You wouldn't be on this forum if you were paying all your bills and debts on time, now would you? Please try to be considerate to other people's situations.

I am in VA but the CSA is in FL. I don't want to air out my my problems, but if I feel compelled to stand up for myself then I will.

I am fairly far into arrears now, (due to my periods of unemployment) but I am currently paying...I think that I should at least get a "payed as agreed" on EX. Maybe I am wrong?

Thanks for the help

I am fairly far into arrears now, (due to my periods of unemployment) but I am currently paying...I think that I should at least get a "payed as agreed" on EX. Maybe I am wrong?

Hey, you should. But they might not give it to you. One thing about any city agency, is that they are quick to point the finger and attack if you are wrong, but if you're right, they take their sweet time correcting it. What you can do it dispute as "this account is paid" or "wrong amount" or "never late". As I said before, you have to be clever and know when to report. Good luck!

Dive, I read the off-topic postings.

I know how it is. I pay CS for 3 children. One, I'm just finding out about. I think she went on The Maury Show and couldn't find her baby's father. So 7 years later, she tells me "We have a child".

Anyway,

The feds used to make the states be very aggressive in collecting and enforcing arrears. But since arrearages have ballooned, they have softened somewhat.

USED to? They still do. In NYS, I was umemployed for 3 months, and was bringing in $300 weekly in UI checks, but CS took 1/2 of that, which made it $150 weekly/$600 monthly. My rent is $1,400 monthly! Picture that....

Then, I was behind for 1 MONTH, and they suspended my license, garnished my bank account, knocked on my door, etc. That's why I REQUEST an income execution so THEY can keep records on what they take from me.

Hey, you should. But they might not give it to you. One thing about any city agency, is that they are quick to point the finger and attack if you are wrong, but if you're right, they take their sweet time correcting it. What you can do it dispute as "this account is paid" or "wrong amount" or "never late". As I said before, you have to be clever and know when to report. Good luck!

Very true indeed, what I have done is disputed it as I have never payed late. Well it "seemingly" took over 30 days to get a response. All they did was update, and put down a higher amount of arrearages. I am going to give them some time, make a few payments, then dispute again with another reason. I am scared that if I dispute with them, they will just populate all 3 CRAs with this information.

Have you tried to get the support lowered and the arrears discounted? The feds used to make the states be very aggressive in collecting and enforcing arrears. But since arrearages have ballooned, they have softened somewhat. Worth looking into.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I have given alot of forethought to playing with the support amount.

I have decided not to pursue it because of these reasons:

1) My support is based on "x" income. My earning capacity is far higher than what the child support is based on even though I feel that the court ordered amount is relatively high. I am concerned, for example that if I lose my job, file for a downward modification, and get another one in 6 months, my income *might* be higher at the new job thereby increasing my child support and digging my own financial grave. (because if you think about the situation, that is all I would be doing) ...hey I never asked for a modification when I swept floors at the movies and had 100% of my pay go right to CS, because I knew that it wouldn't last forever. Why would I want to give more money to a drug user anyways??

2) In the state of Florida, I hear that it takes 1 year to get a hearing for a downward modification for child support (which kind of supports my first point)

3) I have asked about arrear forgiveness, but the FL Department of Revenue tells me that only the ex can agree to have this done and that it must be done in court.

I do all of my legal work pro se by the way.

I can't afford a lawyer.

Very true indeed, what I have done is disputed it as I have never payed late. Well it "seemingly" took over 30 days to get a response. All they did was update, and put down a higher amount of arrearages. I am going to give them some time, make a few payments, then dispute again with another reason. I am scared that if I dispute with them, they will just populate all 3 CRAs with this information.

In NYS, they report to the big 3. And, surprisingly, all of my CS collections have different amounts. I'm assuming that it is still labeled as a collection, because there is still an arrearage on the accounts. I'm also assuming that they are reporting to only ONE agency, right?

In NYS, they report to the big 3. And, surprisingly, all of my CS collections have different amounts. I'm assuming that it is still labeled as a collection, because there is still an arrearage on the accounts. I'm also assuming that they are reporting to only ONE agency, right?

Yes, just one agency because I had the nerve to ask for medicaid for my newborn when I wasn't working. Means Tested Benefits trigger all sorts of things.

Here is the account on EQ.

Collection account/Past due 180 days. $x,xxx past due as of Jun 2005.

Date Opened:

07/2005

Type:

Installment

Credit Limit:

$xxxx

Date of Status:

05/2005 Terms:

1 Months High Balance:

NA

Reported Since:

03/2005 Monthly Payment: