stoliesmom

no answer on other board, need some advice

guys: i posted this on the while you're in dv board but no one has responded. everyone always answers me here so here's my post! thanks!

Received a letter from Van Ru Credit last month collecting on a cap one account. sent the dv request. Waited the thirty days. on the thirtieth day, no lie, i receive a letter from Cap One that just says your inquiry has been referred to the appropriate department for response. so, do i write the Van Ru guys back and say i asked you for validation and you didn't send it or do i dv cap one? you can dv oc in my state. thanks in advance for the help!

ok, just got a letter from cap one today. they said in the letter "you owe the debt, you need to pay it, we will not contact you per your request but keep in mind that we are removing your name and address from our offer list for additional credit in the future. they also said that since i am not allowing them to contact me that if i should need them they reserve the right not to communicate with me. it says attached please find the copy of your customer agreement. they sent me a generic customer agreement that goes to every customer who ever gets a card! don't know what they're thinking but this is not proper validation. let the games begin.

I don't know what CAP 1 is pulling but they did the same to me. I DV"D the CA and I get a letter from CAP 1 telling me that they forwarded the information to their collection department. Now I never got a letter back from the CA and all I got from CAP was three statements that mean nothing to me. New practices of CAP?