I am in desperate need of a new refrigerator and don't have enough saved yet. I have also checked my local papers for a second hand one and so far no luck. My scores are in the 590's and low low 600's. I have two CO that I am still trying to negotiate with, but a clean mortgage, clean auto, chevron, target, and orchard, plus a clean closed auto. Just paid all the cc down to 30%. I have a few old negatives that I cant get off but really I think its the CO thats causing the problem! Anybody have any suggestions on who might give me a limit big enough to get an appliance? Thanks

From my knowledge, a store like Best Buy isn't going to give you a $500 limit. They'll give you a decent limit, because most of the stuff in there is costly. And you have a good chance of getting a Best Buy card, because Best Buy ---> Household ---> Orchard. You have an account with Orchard Bank, and if it's in good standing, they'll (don't quote me on this) most likely give you a line of credit.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that my mortgage is also with Houshold and is over a year old-- I am paid ahead and even rec'd a rate reduction for on time payment. So that is good-- my orchard and target are only about 3-4 months old so I don't know if that will count against me. I actually thought about going into my local Household branch and being fairly blunt with the loan officer- maybe that will help???

From my knowledge, a store like Best Buy isn't going to give you a $500 limit. They'll give you a decent limit, because most of the stuff in there is costly. Good Luck.

Best Buy gave me a $500 credit limit.

And they kept it at that level for several years while Circuit City (which also gave me a $500 credit limit at the exact same time) kept raising their CL all the way up to $3500. And Circuit City did it automatically without me even asking for it.

And then last year, Best Buy closed my account even though my payment history is perfect and that I don't have ANY negative items whatsoever on my credit report. However, my debt started to suck big green donkey [EXPLETIVE DELETED] even though I don't have a single late payment.

Sure about BBY being Household? Last time I looked at their T&C they were Bank One.

Ravenous Wolf: My mom has spotless credit (Somewhere around 800 I would guess) and makes $70K per year (she's an Nurse Practictioner) - BBY offered her a card with a $5K limit, and she bought a fridge, a TV and stereo system, and I think some Xmas presents under a 6 months same as cash offer. She waited until the 6th month was due and paid it all in full. BBY turned around and cancelled her card because they didn't make any money off of her!! Them bastards!

I make my best buy payments to household I had a decent line with them paid it off on time with no interest and got a limit increase when i asked for it. I have paid evrything off under the same as cash plan but right before I pay one plan off I go buy something else from them so they will not cancel my card LOL. I cary an interest free balance as long as i follow the same as cash plan.

• 2 weeks later...