Guest sportsguyla

Which gas card? shell vs. chevron

Guest sportsguyla

I have a barely acceptable fico of 648 (equifax). I think the others are similar give or take a few points.

I want a gas card to diversify my credit type.

Which card is easier to obtain? I intend to pay it off every month.

Also, is a shell gas card totally different from a shell Mastercard?

In terms of quality of card, I'd go with a Shell. Shell cards give you 12 cents off a gallon (or at least the one I have does, you might have to go through the options to find the right one), which comes in handy these days.

I think all Chevron gives you is a bill every month :p

BTW, Chevron cards are easier to get than Shell cards because Chevron issues the cards...Shell cards are issued by Citicorp

I know chevron handles its own card, and you're right they only give you a bill every month, no perks!

Chevron was great for the first year b/c it was the only one I could get. I got the rebuilder card and was told after a year it would go to the regular card. However that was not the case, when i calle dto get it changed over they said no thats after 2 years. So I told them I would just pay it off and use my BP card, which I did. So to sum it up, chevron is good to rebuild, but after that just sock drawer and keep it for the age of the account.

BP is through CitiBank, but was fairly easy to get.

The number you call is 801-743-2000 *** you have to wait 5 business days for processing. I have to wait until Friday to find out. this card would be great for me cause i use my credit cards to pay for gas now, so that would be great. My scores are all about 530.

I applied online and they sent me a letter in the mail to pay the $30 annual fee in advance. I believe it indicated that is was a rebuilder card in the letter but I dont know my CL. My FAKO on EX was 606 but I tried 6 months ago my FAKO was Mid 500's and I was declined.

Does anyone know what the different levels of the rebuilder card mean? I got offered a level 2 rebuilder w/ the $30 annual fee upfront. They checked equifax for me. My scores: FICO..TU 622 EX 624 EQ 588 For anyone who's gotten this card, how much did your scores increase.