Sign in to follow this  
ColTrump

Untimely Debt Validation

Hi All,

NUB here :] I have sent a collection agency the debt validation letter posted on this website. According to the letter, validation must be provided within 30 days:

'If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.'

The CA responded close to 60 days and the info was absolutely irrelevant that the bill is for $774.00 and the number 774 is found nowhere within the four pages of 'validation' documents :] I haven't yet checked whether this has hit my file yet, though the CA is convinced it has been proplery validated and are moving forward.

Can NE1 suggest what approach to respond with, please?

Thanx!

:?

Unless you live in Tx, there is no 30 day period to validate. You can demand they hop on one leg, delete the info from your reports, or cut you a check for a truck full of money. They are under no legal obligation to do any of the above just because you say so.

Courts have held that 90 days is a "reasonable" amount of time to obtain validation.

If they continue to collect without providing REAL validation, log each collection attempt, and prepare to sue them for continued collection activity.

Read the Flyingfir method.

http://www.artofcredit.com/board/showthread.php?t=2546

You sent your letter CMRRR, right? You held onto all of their letters, right?

Thanx 47,

I understand. I'm much too busy to keep a solid schedule according to the flow chart model, but now I'm stepping it up. Yes, I have all documentation and original envelopes regarding the collection. Their 1st response at debt validation was an absolute joke. The OC gave them a few copies of invoices for merchandise my business ordered and none, I mean NONE of it was relevant to the collection 'debt' And, actually on this one I have a folder close to 2" thick on documentation for this vendor... I mean 'OC' As soon as I saw things from this vendor headed south I printed out all email communications sent regarding every order we ever placed (save a handfull placed over the phone) and cancelled.

The first DV I sent USPS Priority Mail Signature required with tracking just cause it was easier from my office as soon as I got the first contact letter. I did not followup after day 31, but I did finally receive the DV around 60 days. This past week was 30 days ('at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.') I have sent them a response indicating that DV provided was incomplete and I requested they review my enclosed copy of the first DV letter and to provide DV 'in a timely and proper format'

If a CA takes their time when responding to a DV, then they're also holding themselves up because collection action has to cease until DV is provided, right?

Thanx again!

Take 'em to the Hole!