Sign in to follow this  
Pauly_Walnuts

Validation Information Needed

Hello Everyone:

I have tied to validate an old credit card of mine that has had no activity since 2001. The debt was sold to a Punn Collections LLC by my credit card company, who has contracted with a CA (law firm) within the state of Maryland to contact me.

I have mailed the CA in Maryland (law firm) requsting validataion of the debt and all they mailed me were two credit card statements from 2003 and a copy of the credit card that I recieved.

I responsed to this letter with an additional request for information (the informaiton contained in a DV letter) but nothing has been returned. The CA (Maryland law firm) has not anwered any of my questions that I mailed to them. I recieved a notice in the mail today that the law firm has filed suit againt me and this third party is stating that they can help me. This came from a credit solutins plus. I have not idea who they are.

First, I am not interested in this additional party helping me (credit solutins). I am interested in getting the questions that I asked to the CA (maryland law firm) answered.

Assuming that the CA (maryland law firm) did file suit againt me, what is the best course of action at this point?

Should I just obtain a lawyer at this point? All any any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

J

Why not introduce them into the concept of the SOL.

MD is 3 years.

Time to file FDCPA counterclaims.

2 credit card statements aren't validation, so you can lump in continued collection activity as well (the lawsuit)

Have you recieved a summons yet? Go to your local courthouse and see if indeed a lawsuit has been filed. If so, pull the file and see what is going on and what stage it is in.

If you get a lawyer, be sure to get one that specializes in consumer law. Check www.naca.net

Well, first you want to bring up in your defenses that the debt is past the SOL.

The timeframe to file counterclaims depends on your rules of civil procedure. Read them, learn them, love them.

In a FDCPA counterCLAIM you would sue for them suing on a timebarred debt.

The time for asking questions is over, they have sued you. Forget about validation, get it all in discovery, get their suit dismissed and sue them for violating your rights.