Sign in to follow this  
calvarysucks

Calvary Sucks - Should I Settle?

OK, here's the deal. Can someone who knows the biz of collections please help me fast. I had a major credit card with a credit line of 10k. I reached the 10k max in April 2004 and stopped paying since I lost my job and went broke. The original bank charged my debt off and sold the debt to CALVARY PORTFOLIO SERVICES (I can't beleive the FTC has not shut these guys down yet!). My credit score is a 530 and I now want to clean things up or file bankruptcy. I borrowed a few dollars from friends and family and I am in a position to make a small settlement to any creditors who agree or I file chapter 13 before 10.23.05. Calvary said I now owe them 13K which is my 10K plus int. earned. My attorney proposed 10-25% to settle which is all I really have. They said "80%" or nothing. My attorney said, chapter 13 for my client which will in turn pay you .10 on the dollar and they said 80% or nothing. They hung up on him and are still harrassing me and not my attorney. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THESE SCUMBAGS?

Send them a C&D letter and also a DV.....letem sue, if they do file 13.....guess what...they get .10 on the dollar....I myself would not pay them ( CA)....unless they sue and get a judgment.

I am new to this! What is a C&D and DV Letter and where can I find them on this site? I really do not want to file 13, and are they the type of company to sue and win. What about demanding a Full Payment History Letter? If they can't supply me with one, does that help me? I really would like to build up my credit. These guys are scum!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT AND FIGHT WITH TOOTH AND NAILS FIGHT

AND PATIENCE IS THE VIRTUE.

DV THEM WHICH IS DEBT VALIDATION NOTICE , YOU CAN SEARCH IT HERE OR ON GOOGLE.COM TYPE. SAMPLE DEBT VALIDATION NOTICE.

ALSO CHECK YOUR REPORT IF THEY ACCESS YOUR FILES, ITS ILLEGAL

IF THEY REPORT TO CRA CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCIES ITS VIOLATION,INDICATE ANY BALANCE , STATEMENT AS ITS OPEN ACCOUNT ITS VIOLATION, THEY BUY THIS CHARGED OF LOANS .10 ON DOLLAR WHY YOU SHOULD PAY THEM,

ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THEY PROVE TO YOU IN WRITING THAT WITH ORIGINAL AGGREMENTS WHICH BEARS YOUR SIGNATURE, AND THE BANK WHO THEY BOUGHT THE LOAN OR CARD ,MUST GIVE THE CAVALRY RIGHTS TO SUE ,OTHER WISE, ALL THEY CAN DUE IS TO SUE YOU THAT IS DEFINETELY VIOLATION OF FAIR DEBT COLLECTION ACT WHICH YOU WILL HAVE PROOF FOR SURE.

I FOUGHT THEM SEVERAL TIMES , THEY SUED ME AND LOST IN TRIAL,

YOU CAN ALSO SUE THEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU SUE THEM IN FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT,

REMEMBER BY SUEING , YOU ARE ALSO HELPING YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS AND MAKING THEIR WORK HARDER. MAKE SURE YOU SENT ALL DOCUMENTATION IN C ERTIFIED AND RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED ALWAYS AND MUST KEEP EVERYTHING IN FILES A TO Z, IF ONLY YOU WANNA WIN,

CHECK OUT SAMPLES LETTERS ON THE LEFT CLOUMN,

GOD SPEED TO YOU AND KEEP ON FIGHTING TO THE END AND DO NOT EVER GIVE UP ,MY FRIEND AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY WILL GIVE UP.

ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITH AGGREMENT CAN SUE IN ACCORD OF LAW,NOT COLLECTION AGENCY.

"IN THE AGGREMENT IF YOU SIGNED ,IT MUST INDICATE THAT COLLECTION AGENCIES AND AFFILIATES OF SUCH CREDITORS HAVE RIGHTS TO SUE THE BORROWERS," :twisted::evil: IF NOT GOOD BY CAVALRY BECAUSE YOU REALLLY SUCK . :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::evil:

DV=Debt validation which is stipulated in sec 809 in the FDCPA....there's a forum dedicated to that with a flow chart

C&D means cease and desist.

You may want to check the 'before you post board' or you may get lost in all the codewords and terminology.

Also, if they are calling you after your atty told them he was your rep, then that may be a violation....though I'll let the more learned people here say so....

at the same time, you should tell that you are a judgement proof meaning that you only make less then 8000 a year , and you are considering to file bankruptcy chapter 13 wipe out, which means they can suck the candy bar in their dreams.:):):):wink:

also you should consider cahpter 13 ,its not a bad thing, its like ordering through mac donals ,you file all accounst with your lawyer, he files so easy, then everything is wiped outttttttttttt foir good and they collection agencies for any account you have can never come back after you.

also its very easy to delete bankruptcy.

after you banrupt you can ask the court to seal your files because of privacy.

and no one can see whats in your record ever ,including credit reporting agency which firtttttttttttttttttttt ,no bankruptcy in you record in CRA.

lolo :twisted::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: 8) 8) 8) 8)

OK, here's the deal. Can someone who knows the biz of collections please help me fast. I had a major credit card with a credit line of 10k. I reached the 10k max in April 2004 and stopped paying since I lost my job and went broke. The original bank charged my debt off and sold the debt to CALVARY PORTFOLIO SERVICES (I can't beleive the FTC has not shut these guys down yet!). My credit score is a 530 and I now want to clean things up or file bankruptcy. I borrowed a few dollars from friends and family and I am in a position to make a small settlement to any creditors who agree or I file chapter 13 before 10.23.05. Calvary said I now owe them 13K which is my 10K plus int. earned. My attorney proposed 10-25% to settle which is all I really have. They said "80%" or nothing. My attorney said, chapter 13 for my client which will in turn pay you .10 on the dollar and they said 80% or nothing. They hung up on him and are still harrassing me and not my attorney. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THESE SCUMBAGS?

If you get serious about filing a bankruptcy, you better get the paperwork going pretty darn quickly if you want to file before the new law takes effect. (which BTW is 10/17/05)

Prose,

Telling them you are judgement proof means nothing. They don't care, and won't believe you.

Ch 13 is a repayment plan, NOT a clean slate. It doesn't wipe out your debts completely, and if you ARE considering a CH 13, it won't really matter if you file now or after the new BK laws come into effect, since the rule change is designed to force more CH 13's.

I don't think it is just that easy to seal a BK. I think that's why they call it PUBLIC records. Further, signed original agreements are almost NEVER required as part of validation.

I do suggest you DOCUMENT any violations of the FCRA/FDCPA and sue accordingly. Also, check your state's statutes. You might want to read the Flyingfir method over at artofcredit.com

http://www.artofcredit.com/board/showthread.php?t=2546

Personally I think your attorney is doing a CRAPASS job!!!

They are calling you when they know you are represented by an attorney... those are solid FDCPA violations that he could be using in telling them to take their 80% and shove it up their tookas.

I suggest you mention this to your attorney and tell them they need to validate the debt as well... if this BK attorney is worth ANYTHING he would already be on the ball with that approach.