Sign in to follow this  
raisingmyscoreonceagain

CITI multiple applications/approvals

Has anyone gotten several approvals, only to have them NOT send cards? or close accounts within the first month or so? A freidn of mine spoke to CITI CSR and they said "I see all 6 of your apps"... and thought nothing of it, but I am curious if there is a trigger point to when they will do a review and close all.

Also, do they send courtesy checks with the cards? DO cash advances count as 0%?

Thanks!

I've never heard of anyone getting the approvals and then not getting the cards. And the CSR I talked to saw my many apps, too and didn't seem phased. As far as a trigger...just play it smart. If you don't need 4 cards, don't get them. Don't go overboard because anything that causes a manual review probably WILL get them closed.

As far as checks...yes, they'll send some, though not with your card. You can also do balance transfers at any time online.

Cash advances are NOT 0%...but you can have them send you a check and it will be the same as a balance transfer (0%)...you can request it over the phone or online.

:D

Did he apply and not get the cards? Are you saying ID theft? Why did he keep applying for more cards when the first one didn't show up?

:?

I think that was just an in-general question, Doccy. Multiple daily apps are the Citi trick....it's the in thing to do.

:wink:

And, actually, OP....another thing I've read if you're considering applying for PP multiple times, apply on the same day....you'll only get 1 inquiry. :wink:

AWESOME! I applied and was approved 8 times for 6k each. I plan on taking all of that and BT'ing 48k ASAP that I have outstanding at an average of 19.9%. I missed paying by ONE day past the due date with Discover and D. Merchants and they jacked my rates BIGTIME. Just what I will save on interest over that year will probably wipe away 25-30% of my balances. I do not care about fico scores, or usage %'s and how they will be perceived. I want to eliminate debt as fast as possible. Just refi'ed my house, bought 2 new '05 cars, and dont use dept store cards. This is the perfect solution for me to get a big $ amount approved at zero % without doing it the foolish way of taking cash out of my house and being able to get alot of my balances down.

Hell, it would probably help me if they closed them after I moved it all over to them. From what i hear, citi doesnt mess with % rates even if they close an account, like many other banks do.

so we should apply all on the same day ?

from previous posts, I was under the impression that we had to wait a day or else the system wouldn't allow it.

from someone that already has received one (or 10) of these cards and done the whole consolidation thing.

what are they like for cash advances ? how much can you take in relation to the limits and what APR do they charge on it? or do they give you checks that you can just deposit or use ?

thanks alot

From what I've read over on CB, you can apply on the same day and it'll only count as one INQ. In the beginning, the person who realized how to do it did it one day after the next, so we assumed that was the way to do it. Now others have done it the same day. :)

I don' tknow about cash advances...I'm sure it's just like any other cash advance - high APR. However, yes, they will send a check written out to you if you want, and that will be 0% just like balance transfers. If you do it that way, I imagine you can get 100% of your credit limit.

Mine were 6k eack, with 1800 max on cash advance. you DONT want to do cash advance though. Call and they will send you a check, made payable to you, for up to your CL and you deposit in your bank account for ZERO % for 12 months. Cash advance is 20% purchases is 12.99 % but getting them to send youa check is ZERO% for 12 months

Hi everyone,

I applied 4 times yesterday and TU is already showing 4 separate inquiries. :(

I hope Privacy Source b**page will remove them eventually.

Beware!