Sign in to follow this  
Single Dad

Dv'ed then follow up now what?

I sent a DV letter to LVNV funding and to Schreiber & Assoc., 30 days past and nothing. Sent follow up 30 days past still nothing. Both letters CMMR. They have not responded and still are reporting to the CRA's (without even a "in dispute" note on CR) :evil: . Also have disputed with CRA's, they respond with "verified". Whats my next step with CA and with CRA :?: (letter and Follow up were from this site).......Dont know if this is important but I notice on my credit report the last 3 months that LVNV funding keeps changing its reporting name from LVNV to Sherman then back(same address and account.

Unless you live in the state of Tx, there is no 30 day requirement to provide validation. Courts have held that 90 days is a "reasonable" amount of time in other states.

The "in dispute" notation while a FCRA violation is not actionable by you.

If you did a worthless "not mine" dispute, it will probably come back verified every time. "not mines" have the lowest standard of verification from the CRA's.

If you dispute specific portions of the TL (date open is incorrect, balance is incorrect, etc...) it becomes harder for the CRA's to verify.

LVNV is sherman, and I am not sure if that distinction is terribly important.

What next? wait another 30 days. If they can't provide validation in 91+ days, read the flyingfir method over at artofcredit.com and prepare to sue.