Sign in to follow this  
AaronE

Help Please - Midland re-aged

Ok so here we go.

My DW had a citibank card which went CO and has been assigned to Midland. In Jan. I pulled her credit and it showed Midland, no big deal I thought. I pull it this time and it shows TWO Midland accounts (same account numbers but one begins with associate in front)... this is the kicker the one has the correct DOLA (01/2001) but EX and TU now show a DOLA of 11/2004! This totally nailed her score and we were denied a mortgage loan for purchasing a home because he middle dropped from 580 in 01/2005 to 520.

My questions are:

1) Is what they did illegal? I think it is, I just want to be certain.

2) I obviously have damages... what proof would I need for my case usually?

3) I've asked around work some for a lawyer who could give me an opinion. What do you experts think?

Thanks guys!

Yes, re-aging is illegal.

You have actual damages, in the amount of the mortgage you were denied because of their inaccurate reporting. You have to show that the reporting was inaccurate and the proximate cause of you getting denied.

Do you have the mortgage stuff showing the denial, the reason for the denial and all that?

Did you dispute the Midland TL's? Can you document the disputes?

Talk to a consumer lawyer. Start with www.naca.net

I have not disputed it with Midland the account shows:

DOLA: 08/2005

Date opened: 11/2004

Date reported: 08/2005

Date Deliquent: 08/2005

The denial letter is in the mail. I was denied today. The reason was the credit score, the only new derog TL was Midlands! I have proof, both tri-merge credit reports.

Do you think I should dispute first or go for the lawyer route first?

I'm glad that someone else agrees with me that this is a re-aged TL. I've heard bad things about Midland and how they can try to retaliate aginst you by dinging your CR. So I am worried, but not too worried... let them rack up the violations. I mean hell it was only an application for a $250,000 mortgage.

Thanks for the advice c47!

Just curious...................... is there a soft or hard pull from Midland on the CR?

I'm wondering if it was willfull because they saw a mortgage inquiry and figured that by making it current it would force you to pay it off.......... in order to close.

nevermore, thanks for replying!!

I do not see a hard pull from them. I need to sign up for truecredit or something so I can see the soft pulls.

The CR I have is not a consumer report so it does not show the soft pulls.

Would you recommend True Credit, PG or what?

The Trimerge reports don't show softs. I believe you can only see them on personal credit reports pulled directly from the CRA........ if you haven't got your free ones yet....... you could get it that way.

I do use TrueCredit for daily monitoring and daily pulls.................. it is a pain though. Unfortunately PG and CreditKeeper don't allow daily pulls anymore, just once a month.

Good luck.

Oh ok, shame tri-merge's don't show it. I doubt a non-consumer report will show it... just like it only says MEDICAL instead of the hospital.

Perhapse I will just wait until after my most recent disputes come back and those will have my reports. Do you guys think I have half a chance of winning something against them? I know most of us here are not lawyers so it's ok if it's just a hunch.

AH HA!

On my DWs TU report, there is a soft pull from 12/2004. There was a mortgage hard pull after this (02/11/2005). Funny thing is, on the CR from 02/11/2005 the Midland account was not re-aged. They must have seen I was paying some CAs and wanted to tip my hand. On the trimerge I have from 09/15/2005 shows TU and EX are reaged, EQ is not re-aged yet.