YippieKid

Removing addresses...options

I just got off the phone with Experian and they were able to remove 5 incorrect address from my CR, however.....there are 2 prior addresses that are listed which are tied to accounts on my credit report.

They were unable to remove them due to this....should I have disputed them as not my address? Obviously Im new at this and Im a little gunshy because Im afraid to make a mistake. After reading here I thought that you remove all the old addresses before DV with the CAs but Im not certain how to get that done if the CRA are showing there are accounts tied to the address.

Now what?

Thank you much :)

I would of had to dispute every item on CR with Experian to attempt to remove the 2 prior addresses off that are mine....and that just seemed to be the beginning of a monstrous can of worms.

Any suggestions as to the next step are most appreciated. I was just going to start getting the DV letters compiled....suggestions?

Thank you kindly :)

I just experienced the same problem with experian. An account is tied to a wrong address and they wont remove the correct old address or incorrect old address if it is tied to an account. I think that this is their way of verifying collections as well. The rep at Experian told me that she wont remove the tradeline as long as the account is on my CR. Let me know if anyone has an answer to this problem.