sifxpert

Having problems settling your credit card?

Hi I need some help regarding a judegment that was entered against me by Citibank. My problem is that I had a repayment plan with the attorney where I was paying 500/mo. My cheesy debt settlement company negotiated the plan after I got serve. Now I never did responded to the notice and complaint letter because I was told by my settlement company not to do so since I have an agreement to repay Citibank through their attorney and the repay plan was to keep everything out of the courts. If so why would I get a judgement againts me. I wonder if I have any legal recourse againts Citibank I mean this is so underhanded.

i dv'ed cap 1 and they sent back verification, my account was charged off on aug 16, 2001. on my credit reports they say i owe $1204, while on the verifcation that looks like a normal bill, it says 718.47. about five years ago i tried to settle debt for 2 payments of about 300 dollars. I made one but never made the other. thanks for any help.

Hi I need some help regarding a judegment that was entered against me by Citibank. My problem is that I had a repayment plan with the attorney where I was paying 500/mo. My cheesy debt settlement company negotiated the plan after I got serve. Now I never did responded to the notice and complaint letter because I was told by my settlement company not to do so since I have an agreement to repay Citibank through their attorney and the repay plan was to keep everything out of the courts. If so why would I get a judgement againts me. I wonder if I have any legal recourse againts Citibank I mean this is so underhanded.

Apparently, your settlement co. either was lied to or they lied to you. What citi will agree to is a 24 month pay plan and sometimes, will agree to a stipulated judgment but it depends. Most likely, the attorney just hit you with a consent judgment. Either way, your settlement co. screwed up because you should never pay without having the deal in writing and anyone with experience knows you should always file an answer. Bu filing an answer, you could almost always get your stip judgment which means...no judgment unless you stop paying.

I would call your settlement co. and find out why they did not get the deal in writing...actually, however this was handled through the courts you should have received documentation...if it wasn't sent to you, your settlement co. has it. If they had your mail forwarded to them then they have it.

i dv'ed cap 1 and they sent back verification, my account was charged off on aug 16, 2001. on my credit reports they say i owe $1204, while on the verifcation that looks like a normal bill, it says 718.47. about five years ago i tried to settle debt for 2 payments of about 300 dollars. I made one but never made the other. thanks for any help.

and your question is???

Is it true that settling a debt can hurt your credit rating more than challenging the debt?

Am I being foolish sitting here sweating blood to pay these?

if an account is sold to a JDB, then i try my best to not pay them due to the fact that it will not help your credit and the industry seems like organized crime to me.

if the debts were not sold off then it is in your best interest to pay the debt since it will be an open account reporting...it is better to pay something than nothing. bottom line. it is better to pay a debt in full of course, but settling is definitely better than paying nothing besides, the chances of getting sued are highly likely.

and your question is???

how much should i settle for and is ther anything to dispute about the difference in money owed?

Apparently, your settlement co. either was lied to or they lied to you. What citi will agree to is a 24 month pay plan and sometimes, will agree to a stipulated judgment but it depends. Most likely, the attorney just hit you with a consent judgment. Either way, your settlement co. screwed up because you should never pay without having the deal in writing and anyone with experience knows you should always file an answer. Bu filing an answer, you could almost always get your stip judgment which means...no judgment unless you stop paying.

I would call your settlement co. and find out why they did not get the deal in writing...actually, however this was handled through the courts you should have received documentation...if it wasn't sent to you, your settlement co. has it. If they had your mail forwarded to them then they have it.

hi sxfxpert

I talked to the Citi's attorney they told me that the repayment plan that was worked out by the settlement co never had a stipulation to set judgement asside while I was paying them settlement co never forward a copyof the agreement and they stopped returning my calls regarding this matter. I am having Citi's attorney forward me the agreement seems I am getting more help from them then the settlement co. they also told me that judgement will not be enforce while I am paying ontime on my plan. I am doing a refi with a cash out on my property there is enough to pay the remaining balance on the judgement if its an issue at closing so I am no longer worried about this but I am piss with my settlement co. If any one wants to know who they are here is the link. http://www.counselfordebtsolutions.org they are not good and do shady work on the side with your creditors.

Sif-

I really need your help. I have been trying to resolve an account with GMAC since 2004. It was a lease account I turned in. They claimed I owe $2300 due to over mileage and late charges. In good faith I have been after them all this time to resolve this. I asked on the phone and repeatedly in wirting for a full accounting. I disputed it as I was not over mileage and disputed the lates. It was I who pursued them for the last 3 years. They sent it to a CA who committed every agreegious violation on earth. I ended up having to send their CO Supervisor a letter spelling out their actions who then promptly closed the accoutn and returned it to GMAC. GMAC didnt even know. I called them to again resolve this. The sent it to a CA who never responded to me either so I took the action and sent the guy a letter thinking he would help. I sent a letter to the head of the Asset recovery department and spelled out my dispute seeking help with an offer to settle for $450. He responded by saying I owe for over mileage and late and saying they woudl accept $2100 or $200 off for a 3 year old account. They acknoldge they reeived my letters but never the whole time reported it as disputed to my credit files. He said they will now report it as disputed.

The thing is not only do I have them for this violation but, I here is where it gets good. the "contract" they sent me showing it was whatever milage 12k is not my signature. Doesnt even look like mine. I dont know who or what changed it if it was the dealer after the fact or them or whoever but it isnt signed how I sign. It doesnt even look like a girls signature. The faft is it is changed and not mine. I have been working diligently to resolve my credit and this is a pain in the a$$. I am sending him a f/u saying it doesnt look correct and as such I disoute. Further, after 3 years, $200 off is not reasonable as I would have paid less and offered a lesser amount before and been done with this. He wont even agree to change the reporting to paid or paid as agreed but to paid charge off. What should I do? I am thinking of offering to pay the late fees but not the milegae charges. What would you do? I dont think if I fought in court they woudl win and further their violations already are more than the $2000 not to mention if fraudd involved and they haev damaged my credit knowingly and perhaps that is why they refused to provide the information for 3 years, then I am sure a lwayer could reap a hige winfall. I am not interested in that. I only want to resolve this and move on with my life. How and what shoud I do? Txs for your help.

stressed...I responded via pm since i checked my emails prior ot coming to the board. in the future, please do not send PM and post the same...thank you.

No worries, its just that a) by communicating via pm we would be depriving other members of useful info and B) i usually check my pm's prior to hitting the board so i would respond to a pm but not the board so it looks like i'm ignoring. besides, i would rather stay away from pm'ing these days with all the talk.

hi sxfxpert

I talked to the Citi's attorney they told me that the repayment plan that was worked out by the settlement co never had a stipulation to set judgement asside while I was paying them settlement co never forward a copyof the agreement and they stopped returning my calls regarding this matter. I am having Citi's attorney forward me the agreement seems I am getting more help from them then the settlement co. they also told me that judgement will not be enforce while I am paying ontime on my plan. I am doing a refi with a cash out on my property there is enough to pay the remaining balance on the judgement if its an issue at closing so I am no longer worried about this but I am piss with my settlement co. If any one wants to know who they are here is the link. http://www.counselfordebtsolutions.org they are not good and do shady work on the side with your creditors.

I would do my best to not have the attorney find out about the refi and just get a settlement...saving some money is better than nothing. You can settle despite the lien and judgment.

I thought I addressed the Citi and NCO via PM...if not sorry. Citi personal loans are very difficult to deal with. Much different than CC's. I would try to settle for the amount they previously offered.

-SIF

Hi Sifxpert,

Well, I successfully settled with Citifinancial Personal Loan for 50% finally. I had the letter faxed and overnighted funds. I actually settled for less than the 65% they were demanding. It was a hassle but less out the pocket!

Thanks! Sifxpert

Beautiful!!!! I love it....see no conspiracy, no special relationships, no pay offs, no fair shares...all it takes is a little reading and anyone can do it.