Getting Ready to File ProSe

punkenhead

Have started the process of filing chapter 7 ProSe, but I have a couple questions. When I pulled my credit reports, I noticed the same debt on the credit report twice-once with the original creditor and once with a collection agency. Should I list both as creditors or just the original creditor? If the OC assigned the debt, I could see listing just the OC, however, if the collection agency purchased the debt, would both be listed or just the CA? I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.

List them both. List the original creditor first, with the highest balance you've got, then underneath list the collection agency that has that debt, just put ditto marks in the amount so it doesn't look like you're doubling up. The OC and the CA will BOTH be notified of your filing.