How do I locate a not on credit report? We are filed!!!

rockygirl

well, we finally got filed Sept 16. I thought they would never get it done. I received my 341 letter exactly 1 wek later. I'm set for it on Oct 17. Kind of nervous. I found this office to be kind of incompetent, they forgot a lot of stuff were it not for me being such a worry wort, would have listed our income wrong.

I am woried about one debt that I cant' seem to locate. my son bought a car form transouth years ago and I co-signed. I can't find it any where. They are nto calling us. unless they have a lein on my house, i don't know how to find them. I did not list it, mainly b/c the office help who did our schedules was irritable b/c some of my debtors had no addresses.

How would I find transouth and locate an account number? I coud alway add them.

RG

I tried to put the t in the title so it would read 'debt" but it won't let me .

this is so bizzare, it will not let me add or retype anything on the subject line. now the word debt is gone. wish this debt were gone.

thanks LIR. I did that and got the info I needed to make the call. But getting them to cough up the account number and amount owed and other info (dte opened and charge off date) was not easy. They started not to, then i just told them that if they ever hoped to get paid they would have to provide me with this info. I had all info SS numbers, birth dates, etc. The only thing i did not have was my sons address at the time of the loan. they almost did not tell me after that. But I persisted and got the info. They are supposed to send me something in writing. I FELT LIKE I NEEDED A BATH AND SPAYING WITH LYSOL AFTER TALKING WITH THEM. The lady who did my schedules would not file this for me without all that info. She said she could not just file it as the name and address and approx dollar amount. I think she could have. anyway. the atty called me tonight and i gave him the info and he said that was fine.

Seems to me they ought to put me on the payroll. :(

RG

Baloney. They can file with just a name and amount. I had two lines on my schedule like that.

If you have a no asset chapter 7 it doesn't matter anyways. Under this circumstance, even items not listed are considered discharged. The reasoning is that if there are no assets to disburse, there was no disservice of justice in not notifying the listed creditor because they would get nothing anyways.

If you have a no asset chapter 7, just keep several copies of the discharge paperwork on hand. Anyone who approaches you about ANY debt that existed prior to the discharge date gets a copy and a one-finger salute.

RockyGirl,

I filed BK7 ProSe and just received my discharge this month. I had been holding out on filing because I could not afford an attorney and I was intimidated by the paperwork. I filed with the assistance of a paralegal service via an online service for $250.00

After my paperwork was prepared, I realized a few old debts were not listed and some addresses were wrong. After looking over the initial paper work, I realized how basic and easy the paperwork is to complete. Also, all the forms are available for free at the BK court website with instructions for each page.

I filed an amendment to add new creditors and correct the addresses. The court fee was only $25. and I had to mail the 341 notices to the added and corrected creditors myself.

You can list the creditor and the debt amount without an account number. The important issue is that the creditor is notified and listed.

I called a few creditors to let them know my account was being included in BK ... ALL of them were polite and cooperative. I was very suprised.