GEMB Mongomery Ward

maymud

Have this neg left on EQ. Exp and TU deleted with dispute.

Date opened listed as 7/1995. Date Reported 5/2005. High credit $460, Balance 0. Status 120+ past due. ccount type: revoling

My question is this: If I duspute as to the status of the account, and they verifiy, does the more current date reported (9/05) make it a biggher hit on my score?

thanks

maymud

You kind of missed my point. When Ward's went out of business, all the paperwork was destroyed. There are no more contracts, no more copies of bills...nothing.

Beyond even that...I might be wrong as I haven't been in an area with a Wards in eons, but didn't they go out of business more than a decade ago? That would put everything involving them beyond the SOL, anyways.

You kind of missed my point. When Ward's went out of business, all the paperwork was destroyed. There are no more contracts, no more copies of bills...nothing.

I would disagree. Whoever was holding the paper backing the Wards credit (in this case GE) would receive whatever records Monkey Wards would have had in the bankruptcy and eventual liquidation.

Wards went under in December of 2000. GE had been investing in them for some time and ended up (to quote another member) getting the big chorizo on their "investment" when all was said and done....

Don't know if GE still holds any kind of 'interests'...

The name lives on (just like Abercrombie & Fitch):

http://www.wards.com/wards/aboutus.asp?partner=0

Called the phone number for the OC given on the CR. Of course, some call center in india. Refered me to GE consumer finance in US. Called them. Tried to get me to say it was fraud/identity theft. Didn't bite. Gave me an address in El Paso, TX for the GECF "research and records" department. Sent them a letter today. We'll see.

Doc, Ward's went into bankruptcy liquidation mode some 13 years ago.

On the point I raised about the records being destroyed...they were destroyed. Ward's would only keep "actual" documents for 6 months before destroying them because it was too cost-prohibitive to store them in a climate controlled, moisture controlled environment. So by the time they liquidated, there were basically no contracts or actual billing statements left to transfer to the purchaser of the paper.