Asset Acceptance........

abennett

Maybe I have waited too late but someone let me know. In September of 2003 I disputed an item with Equifax in reference to an account for Asset Acceptance. It had no real credit info but the account number and last day of activity. Well on October 1, 2003 I recieved a letter from Experian saying it was verified however, beside the account it said Account in Dispute, Resolution Pending. Well for the longes time on my reports it kept saying Account in Dispute, Resolution Pending. Now all of a sudden Equifax must have finally verified it now its all updated with all the information. It doesn't really look like they verified anything, thats why they kept the note up there (Account in dispute-Resolution Pending), now all of a sudden the note is gone. Good thing I kept my credit reports. Do you think I have something on them or will it be a waste of time.

If anyone in here sees me making a mistake, let me know, but I would think that you should send a DV CRRR letter to Asset Acceptance, wait the 30 days, then do the follow up in 15 if they provide no validation....then make copies of everything, do not send originals, send to CRA inquiring the method of validation they used, because you recieved no response from Asset Management. I just sent DV to them, waiting to see the outcome, they are listed on me for 3 different accounts.

Don't take my word for all of this, If someone more knowledgeable comes along, listen to them......lol however 8 out of 10 derogs removed in less than a month...I feel like a pro...lol

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a false validation back from Asset Acceptance. It looks as if it is just a print out of the information from their computer.. The letter that came with it saide. Thank you for your request for further validation of you World Financial Network account. Enclosed please find an account statement prepared with the use of the information provided to us by the prior creditor.

Please contact me so we can work toward resolving this matter.

Attached it has the Statement date, Prior Account Number and Prior Creditor, Name, Principal, Interest and Balance, and Last Transaction Date, and SS#.. Their letter head and address. Thats not the validation I request. So for you experts, what do I do next. And they didn't pass the 30 day mark.