Please Assistance Needed!!!

cavazos007

Okay first of all what happened to the current listing on the front of the webpage I don't see it anymore. Maybe it's just my computer.

Anyways. I received a letter yesterday from a CA this is about 3 years old. But the thing is this CA fell off of my credit bureau about 1 year ago should I worry about it? And also the letter that they sent was to the correct address. But it still has my maiden name. Does that make a difference. My last name change 3 years ago. Why is the CA still showing my maiden name? What should I do? Should I ignore it since it's not on my CRA's? Anyfeed back will help...thanks!

The texas SoL on all debt is 4 years. So if you last payment on the debt was more than 4 years ago, you have little to worry about. They cannot prevail in a court case to collect...that doesn't mean they won't try, so be prepared to offer up the SoL as an affirmative defense if it comes to that.

If the debt is expired, simply send them a letter stating the debt is time barred by statute and that you do not admit any liability. Once they get the letter, any further contact is a violation of the FDCPA. Further, any new tradeline listed after they get the letter is a violation of the FCRA since it would be false reporting to indicate it was a collectable debt when it is not.