Are spouses asset's included in chapter 7?

bank2005

I'm considering filing chapter 7 for debt (all credit card) that was incurred before we were married. Will money and property she has inherited during marriage be part of the bankruptcy? I have no assets and all accounts are only in her name including our home and cars. Thanks for your reply.

Will money and property she has inherited during marriage be part of the bankruptcy?

No. NC is NOT a community property state. All separate property remains separate.

As for the assets, surely you have marital assets like furniture and stuff you've purchased for the benefit of you both ?? Since that is usually the case, you DO have assets - about 1/2 the value of your marital property.

Thanks for your reply LadynRed. Yes you're right, i do have assets but they are below the state exemption. I spoke with an attorney today and after six years of dealing with judgments, and daily harassment, I have had enough. I'm working on my chap 7 petition and I'm scheduled for my 341 meeting on Oct 31. I can't wait to get this nightmare behind me. Thanks again...