Letter from Trans Union

schellmis63

I recently disputed a few items on my CRA's. I sent along proof of why these things should not be there. Such as copy of court papers of my win and letters from CO's there proof of validation. Now I get a letter thanking me for my documents but they cannot use them. They will contact the companies and have them throughally verify? How come our papers/proof is worth nothing? Is this normal? You can't send documentation to the CRAs?

I wouldn’t say that they are “useless” but rather, they are not as useful as they could be.

Documentation is a supplement to your arguments but not the “end all” of arguments. It can help you move things in the right direction. Documents have helped me before in the past although quantitatively, the usefulness has not been all that great because I have sent way over 100 letters to each CRA in the past few years.

And of course, it depends on the document itself. I even had a CRA make a comment about a document I sent. EX said that this certain box to a tax lien “was” my SSN. I was debating a technicality with them. They eventually deleted the item due to how I responded to their comments.