Reconsideration

I applied for and was declined for Amex Clear, they pulled TU and I'm at 688 and a clean record, only 5 lates back in 1999, but I have a short recent history. I'm debating on whether to "give in" and ask for an Amex green and pay the stinkin' $65 annual fee. I wonder if Amex would at least tell me "yes you would be approved" without another pull.

I'll be travelling for work this winter and upcoming spring and I'd use it for that, however my $DAYJOB issues company Amex cards for employees who need it and have sufficient credit. Hmmm If I knew I could get approved and tell my boss (who handles the corporate Amex for all employees) then I could be issued one, and the company pays the fee.

I got my Blue with that same situation back when I was building my history back up. They called about 3 weeks later to say they were gonna issue me one...started me off with a toy limit (2 grand) but they bumped it up in a real quick hurry as I asked.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a good feeling with AMEX. My account was closed since I declined to send them paystubbs, W-2s, checking-account statements etc. Same thing nearly happened to my Mum's Blue account after having this card for almost 2 years. My Mum made an angry call to on of their supervisors, telling them we never missed a payment, only got a 4K-limit and wouldn't have the intention to apply fo a mortgage with them... :lol:

Well, they changed their mind and the account is still open... 8-)

I really don't see a reason why I should give them more info than they can get from the reports.... :evil:

:lol: Its called a financial review or F/R. Many factors can cause it, such as unusual spending habits, having negative reporting with other creditors, the wrong mix of cards with Amex such as a charge or several charges and combining revolving CL's, according to some people at creditboard.com. I habe a charge but have decided to close it since I have 2 revolving cards and do not use the charge too much anymore; just like the hate to lose the history, but while I have not fudged on my household income, do not like having my LOC's on the line because of the possibility. :roll: