Disputing during the holidays??

luna

This is something that used to work in years past, but I'm not so sure of its effectiveness anymore. Between the fact that the CRA's outsource this stuff now and the eOscar system which basically automates the "investigation" itself...things move much, much easier for that side of the industry now.

So then it doesnt matter. I read on another board that if you put a bunch of inquireies on one letter the credit places just think they are automatically not true. And I should also send the letters priority so that the agency has to sign for them right? and last question is does 30 days count from date on letter or Postmark or when they sign for it?

One dispute ... one letter.

The primary reason is that if you have to take the CRA to court later, you do not want to confuse the issue in front of a judge. If the CRA handles one item wrong and all the others correctly, your own evidence would work for the CRA on a bonafide error defense. You also don't want a judge to see anything more than is necessary so as not to confuse the issues.

One dispute ... one letter.

Sheez.. that would cost him about $70 in green stubs for 15 disputes, for only one CRA. Over $200 if he has 15 disputes with each CRA! Too much for me.

I've personally never had a problem sending many corrections in one letter, but then I've never had to take a CRA to court either.

I sent a bunch of disputes with the one dispute for each letter. TU sent me a letter stating that by sending them this way they consider that additional information and that they get 15 more days to investigate. Is this true Methuss?

When I first started, I sent each letter in it's own envelope and I sent each one seperately. Man that was stupid and expensive. But my thinking was, Oh well, it's cheaper than giving my money away to predatory lenders by paying higher interest charges later.

:?

My original thought was to send them seperatly. If it came to a court case, I could show a single letter without being accused of changing the evidence.

Then I thought, since it all ends up on the same report anyway, the issues could become confusing with or without indiviual letters.

I've not had to go to court yet although my exchange with Cap1 looks like I will.