What's next

tired

Not quite sure what to expect next. I'm in a holding/waiting pattern for now.

To update: I'm the one with the CA that called and I was terrorized into giving out my bank info....very, very bad. So, I closed acct and opened another in another bank. The CA did call me at work the day I cancelled the auto pays. She kept asking me why I canceled...didn't answer her. She got very upset and said she was sending over a verification of employment, which she did (3X that day I might add). I grabbed them off the fax. I sent the DV letters to the 2 addresses I had for these people. I received one green card back and am waiting on the other. The one green card was received on 9/27 (a whole week after I sent it). I think I might also fax a copy to the number that was on the fax sent to my work and also send regular mail with a signature verification, just to prove that I did attempt to send these people my DV. I have heard nothing since. No phone calls, from what I can tell. I don't have caller ID. No calls or more faxes at work. It's a relief but it makes me worry what they are doing. I don't have a crystal ball :D so I can't make any guesses. I have tried to call some attorney's and none seem interested so far. Should I still file complaints with the AG and FTC on these people?

The last time I spoke with this CA she did say "she had been in contact with the OC and now she wasn't sure what they wanted to do".

I did actually receive 2 letters stating that the auto withdrawls would take effect on 9/22 & 9/30 and I received these in the mail from them on 10/2. Funny they sent them after the fact.

Was wondering if anyone has any opinions on what to do next? Do I just wait it out? I dislike waiting...no control on my part :x

You have to give them a reasonable amount of time to respond to the debt validation request (usually 30 days) and then follow-up.

It's a process and it takes time. :)

It's been my experience that the CAs who are the worst (ignoring FDCPA) are the ones who disappear once they receive the request...they don't want to spend their time on you because it takes away the time they can be spending on accounts they can intimidate into paying immediately.

I appreciate the reply.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Alliance One and it appears to be a request to pay the debt. It's a form letter stating the mini miranda thing and that I have 30 days to dispute, yada, yada, yada. It was dated Spet 25th and I just received yesterday. It seems like they are trying to back track now and do things in order. One of my DV's was signed for by them (from the address listed on this letter :D ) on Sept 27th (got the green card back). So, my question....should I send another to this address just to be sure? The letter states they can get validation if I request it. I had first contact with these people way before this letter was sent via the phone where the CA terrorized me into giving bank info :cry: and calling my employer and such. Does sneding this request for payment from them negate everything the CA did in violations?

Need some opinions please. Thanks!

No...they can't "un-viloate"...the violations they've already committed have been committed.

I would recommend that you send a COPY of your original DV letter to this address with a cover letter reminding them that you've requested validation and that they must cease all collection action until they properly validate...while it would probably be OK to ignor their recent letter; it's better to be pro-active in my opinion.

Thank you for the reply....both of them :D .

I'm just not sure why the paper trail now. Seems kind of fishy. But maybe they will litigate and need documentation for the judge that they snet everything correctly, which they didn't.

With this letter I can at least be assured that the 1 address I sent a DV to was correct. The CA was less than honest :roll: about giving a mialing address to me. She origionally gave me an address that wasn't even valid with the USPS. Had to go search for their address all over the internet.

In your opinion, should I file complaints with the AG and the FTC on CA's violations? I am trying to find a good consumer lawyer in my area but the few I have called really don't want to work I guess :? . I wasn't sure if I should let an attorney handle all complaints or I should do some of the leg work myself. I'm still a newbie to all this and am learning. Thanks.