Removing charge off??

Romeol99

Wow.. Then I seriously need your help.. I only have one with citibank. Tell me your steps. Do I only write to the credit report agency and do you have a dispute letter stating dispute not mine? I want to do this right a way... Since i only have one, it should be easty...

First I would write a letter to the 3 CB's and dispute the item. Just tell them that you requested your CR and it showed xxxx acct and it doesn't belong to you. It's worth a shot. It takes 30 days for them to dispute it. Try that first and see how it works out. Everybody on the board have different methods on how to dispute there items. This is my way. And it worked for me. Good Luck!

Don't think it will necessarily be easy. Depending on who the CO is with. Some companies i.e. Cap1 and MBNA are well known as being very difficult to deal with. But you are correct that you may dispute this with the CRAs as not mine or dispute the DOLA, or the amount owed or any number of reasons. Good luck

If citi still owns the account expect them to instead send you summons.

Don't be stupid. Read about Citi on this forum before you engage in any type of letter sending or disputes you have no idea about and do not post advice advise on a matter you do not know enough about to advise.

If Citi still owns the account and if there is a balance due and they are not trying to contact you leave it be. Look up your state statute of limitations first. Still you're playing with fire buddy.

THey may not know where you are or the account may be sitting in limbo for some reason... and by sending in a dispute with your new address...be prepared to grab your ankles and have a rectal rooter with chili pepper lube.

OK.. After reading so many messages from "sifxpert" I have reason to believe he is a OC of some sort. I have read so many forums of people writing the exact opposite of "sifxpert." I understand that he is a professional collector, so that means "sifxpert" will not completely tell you the truth of how to settle. A collector will only tell you how to settle for an amount benefiting the company and most of the time will advise not to sue, do not go to the CRA and do not even dream of sueing the OC because they will win.

However, I do understand that citi is known to sue but not as much as people post. Most of the time, citi and others will not buz because they have already collected there mony when they sell the debt to a collector, in this case "sifxpert, and also when the write the debt off, therefore, ignoring any kind of settlement offer from the debtor. PLEASE NOTE: not all cases are true just depending on how much you owe.

So people beware of how people post there answer. You want want to view peoples profile and take a look at how they respond a question.

"sifxpert" I apologze in advance if you find this is not true. I am going on perception here, how you are responding to most.

Romeo, go ahead, dispute the debt and when your a$$ gets served...you'll know then maybe I was right.

I am no collector. I run 2 debt settlement companies. I am only responding to posts on how to settle debts and anything else regarding Citi or MBNA that I may have an answer for. For the last year I have only concentrated on Citi accounts that have gone to suit or are with an attorney about to go to suit.

Citi's policy is to sue any time they receive a validation request or any other type of dispute or Cease and Desist.

Since Citi does not sell accounts for the most part and since your Citi is only charged off and you do not have a JDB on your credit report, Citi will sue your a$$ if you dispute.

If you doubt me...please send your dispute and tell me the results.

If anyone else thinks I'm an OC or collector or anything else...test me.

Perhaps mr. Romeo you should look at some other posts....maybe you should ask some people I helped settle their MBNA for 25-30%...I think you should read a little furth before you start accusing buddy.

And by the way, if you did spend the time to read my posts you would know I am not a "professional collector" I am a professional negotiator who specializes in CA warfare. The Admins know my website because they investigated me already so perhaps you should send a PM to docdon or one of the others.

I started the thread "having problems settling your debts" tell me I didn't give the best info to get the lowest settlement possible.

In regards to the original question, it seems you are attempting credit repair and not debt settlement. These are very different.

If I remember correctly, you don't want to dispute a charge off until the SOL is up. This is what may prevent you from being sued.

If you are attempting to repair your credit, I believe disputing will only backfire at this time.

It would be helpful if you shared your motives and goals. It is easy for any of us to answer questions without taking the time to find out the desired results. This leads to inaccurate answers and frustration.

My goal is debt settlement. In many respects it is the opposite of credit repair. Its more like credit destruction. It does however get the monkey off your back. The repair phase comes later.

Good Luck

Gettinout

I was trying to settle in the beginning but Citi is a sleeping monster write now. They won't budge. I have sent settlement letters to 3 different citi address and none wrote me back. That was 3 month ago and I am still waiting. So maybe if I dispute the charge off as not mine I can finally wake them up. Even if they sue, I can still negotiate to settle. I need to wake them up..lol...

I am trying to buy a house and the charge off with a balance on the account is droping my score... I got to do something...lol..

Yep, sure have. I actually wrote a letter to there recovery office and they wrote back stating they are not dealing with that account anymore. They sold that account to the collector but on my credit report, there is no such line stating sold to collector. All it states is account charge off. They are trying to ignore me at all cost...........

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was trying to settle in the beginning but Citi is a sleeping monster write now. They won't budge. I have sent settlement letters to 3 different citi address and none wrote me back. That was 3 month ago and I am still waiting. So maybe if I dispute the charge off as not mine I can finally wake them up. Even if they sue, I can still negotiate to settle. I need to wake them up..lol...

I am trying to buy a house and the charge off with a balance on the account is droping my score... I got to do something...lol..

I assure you, from personal experience, when CITI passes a debt on to an attorney and you are sued, the point of settlement has been passed. I fully agree with the prior advice-if CITI or one of their agents is not ringing your phone off the hook you need to let the sleeping giant slumber. Once they have your address, some loser in a cubicle will be on you like white on rice.