Authorized User

Secrest

I am an authorized user on two credit cards of my wife. Can the credit card companys come after my bank account at all and garnish it. The bank account is in my name only. From what I have read authorized users are not legally responsible of the debt. I am just wanting to make for certain they will not try to come after my bank account or if they did would they get anywhere with it.

As far as I know (and I'm 99.9% sure), they can't come after you if you are just an authorized user. The account-holder usually has to agree that he's responsible for ALL charges made to the account by the authorized user. :p

My additional question would be: What about credit-reporting of such accounts? Since the authorized user isn't responsible for such an account, can he demand that those accounts are removed from his file (because it's legally not his debt)?? :?

Thanks, that's what I thought.. :p I think I remember reading on Experian ("ask Max") that they added a new policy about this issue: If you are just authorized user and you tell them to remove this TLs, they will do so.

Hopefully, Equifax and TransUnion share the same point of view (wasn't there a court-decision in the past that required them to remove this accounts if requested??).