Surrender of consumer goods post BK

ynkewmn

I just received a letter from a law firm, representing Household (ECAST FOB HRS) for our intentions to volunarily surrender the collateral for the purschase money security interest goods. This is for a Sam Ash account, opened in 2001, and IIB. They did not show at the 341 meeting. By volunteering to surrender the collateral, can they pick and choose what they want? We don't have half the items purchased, nor do I remember what was what, as I look through old statements. Actually, we have paid quite a bit on the balances, but have aquired a significant balance with late fees and interest charges after default.

Is this a scare tactic? I have read somewhere that if you don't voluntarily surrender, they have to get a court order to remove the property.

Isn't the 341 meeting the time when they are to request this information?

We had another account ask us for this info before the meeting, and we did not reaffirm (another HRS account). Nor did they show at the 341.

I wouldn't volunteer to give those scumbags anything ! You may have to dodge them for a while, they seem to be persistent, but, as Nimrod directed, they'd have to file for Replevin to actually get anything from you now. They're not going to do that. I've read many stories about these buttheads, they try to harrass you so much that you'll PAY them to go away-- they don't want that stuff !!