House being forclosed

Not sure what the proceedings are, im in illinois by the way.I am familiar with most of it except for sherriffs sale?Do I have to be served with papers telling me of the impending date?

I dont want my stuff out on the lawn, so I quess they have to give me some warning.Already discharged in chapter 7 today received notice its over,and that bank has received permission to go forward with forclosure,they filed on april 10th, I filed bk and got the stay on june 27th, meeting of creditors was august 1st, and they petitioned august 10th, last chance for creditors to deny bk was oct 3rd, so that all said, im wondering what the time frame is to get myself and all belongings out of here?

Thanks

Sorry you're just hanging there. Not sure I've got the answer, but here's the way it worked for us in Ohio.

Sherrif sale listings are published on the counties web site. You can check rules and regs there, and see if your house is listed. It was actually about a year from our discharge to the time it was listed. In Ohio, they need to get 3 appraisals before listing so that's what took so long. Our house did sell (to the first mortgage holder) the first time it was on the sheriff's sale, but they can't actually force you out until they get the deed. Our house sold in July and they still don't have the deed.

So...if IL is at all like OH...you might be able to stay in your house rent free for 12-18 months...

Sorry you're just hanging there. Not sure I've got the answer, but here's the way it worked for us in Ohio.

Sherrif sale listings are published on the counties web site. You can check rules and regs there, and see if your house is listed. It was actually about a year from our discharge to the time it was listed. In Ohio, they need to get 3 appraisals before listing so that's what took so long. Our house did sell (to the first mortgage holder) the first time it was on the sheriff's sale, but they can't actually force you out until they get the deed. Our house sold in July and they still don't have the deed.

So...if IL is at all like OH...you might be able to stay in your house rent free for 12-18 months...

If the OP is in Chicago or Cook County then they have online records of a lot of that. Downstate - heh some of the counties are so backwards they haven't made it to the 20th century yet - much less the 21st.

Here's the Illinois State Statutes on Foreclosure

The notice of sale shall be published at least 3 consecutive calendar weeks (Sunday through Saturday), once in each week, the first such notice to be published not more than 45 days prior to the sale, the last such notice to be published not less than 7 days prior to the sale, by: (i) (A) advertisements in a newspaper circulated to the general public in the county in which the real estate is located, in the section of that newspaper where legal notices are commonly placed and (B) separate advertisements in the section of such a newspaper, which (except in counties with a population in excess of 3,000,000) may be the same newspaper, in which real estate other than real estate being sold as part of legal proceedings is commonly advertised to the general public; provided, that the separate advertisements in the real estate section need not include a legal description and that where both advertisements could be published in the same newspaper and that newspaper does not have separate legal notices and real estate advertisement sections, a single advertisement with the legal description shall be sufficient; and (ii) such other publications as may be further ordered by the court.

The sale appears to be not less than 45 days past the date the foreclosure judgement was rendered, and after the sale you have 30 days to move out.

And, I just remembered...in Ohio...they can't actually evict you until they get a clear deed to the property. Depending on the work load at the local court, that can take a few months. (Our house sold in July...they still don't have the deed). We've moved out, but its basically just sitting there with the grass growing because they can't take possesion.