Feeling overwhelmed & could use some encouragement!

chattrbocks

Hi all- I've gotten a good start- I've DV'd all the derogs, some of them more than once. I'm just a little discouraged because I joined True Credit today and 6.5 years after BK my scores still suck. I had one late payment in May, which seems to be a big problem, plus I applied for a car loan last month. I now have 6 inquiries off of one application! I just don't have the energy to go at all these right now. I guess I just need some encouragement- the CRAs & CAs ahve piled up so many violations it's not funny, but I'm just too over it to sue. I'm in Cali, & most of my derogs are past the statute of limitations, but the CAs keep validating anyway. Arrgh!

It seems hopless, I am where you are at now, the DV process and BK situation, but these people in here are great and say it will get better. I am confident it will, if not, misery enjoys company......lol.....nice place to vent! Seriously, still learning how this works, and excited with knowledge I gained....I look forward to answering the phone hoping it is a creditor, and I have a cheat sheet on my fridge with FCRA and FDCPA laws.....so when they call, I am prepared.....I got one call, let him have it with both barrels, haven't had anyone call since..... :cry: Just gotta stay focused....we will be fine.....!

Good luck!

OP- try and keep your head up. It really does get better. When I started my process I had 10 derogs on EX 12 I think on EQ and TU. I could not get approved for anything. I needed a co-signer for every single thing. Then one day I just decided I had enough of bad credit and wanted to clean things up. Some derogs came off just with online disputes. Some came off on their own. I have about 3 left on EX and 5 on EQ and TU. I am waiting patiently for one I know is going to come off in the next few days. Recently I was able to get approved for a CC on my own. Boy, was I happy. It felt like an accomplishment. I know in about a year, SOL would have passed on the rest and I can get on with my life. And put this all behind me. This will not haunt you forever. Everyone makes mistakes. You just make sure you learn from them. I just know, with all the knowledge I have gained from sites like these, I will never be in this situation again. Just keep your head up. It WILL get better.

At times it will seem overwhelming. Just keep asking questions and you will get the support you need. One day you will be able to look back on this and see you did not need to worry.

oh i know, i was so irresponsible with my credit, now i know to do better, i have been doing this for about 3 months now and i have had good results so far, but it does seem overwhelming, however i have a foreclosure on my credit file that won't come off till 2010. but i know i have to try to get credit other places and try to override that blemish, which will be hard to do, but i am planning on doing it when i get more of these negs off. I still have TU and EXP to clean up and then i should be able to move on. hopefully.

Past is exactly that, the past. There is nothing you can do about that now. At least you know to do better now Just keep at it, and you will get the results you need.

As time goes on the foreclosure will hurt less and less. Once you can start obtaining credit again, slowing your score will start to rise and that blemish won't mean a thing. Just make sure from this point on, you pay everything on time.

We are here for ya in the meantime.