HELP ANYBODY

nathan

I loaned my credit to my mother in law about for years ago to buy investment property 10 condos to be exact.She lied to me for a year and let all of them forclose i now owe about 120,000 to all the second mortgage loans.It has been about two years since the last payment was made.All the proerty was bought in AZ. bought i have always lived in CA.And to top it off my wife is in the same situation i am.Thanks for any help.

Why on earth did you do that in the first place? Credit is something you NEVER EVER loan to someone. Especially an in-law.

1. Can you afford to pay current the properties and own them yourself?

2. This is borderline mortgage fraud. What you were is a "straw buyer". Have you seen the properties yourself? For all you know they could be facades created to get money out of a mortgage company and leave the lender holding the bag.

yea i know i was young and dumb all the first mortgage loans forclosed so there is no getting them back. the money i owe is to the seconds which have all charge off's on them.i could never afford to pay back 120,000 so i dont know what they can get from me.I don't make much money.