After Bankruptcy are we more likely to be preyed upon by....

BacK2bay6

That depends upon the CA. Some consider fines as a "cost of doing business".

Remember the .. ummm name escapes me .. the night watchman from I think Boston that declared BK, then Sears harassed him for debt that was discharged in BK and the guy wrote to the BK judge and asked if he could declare BK again so Sears would leave him alone. Judge ended up spanking Sears and I think everyone with a Sears card got a $5 coupon or something like that. Big whoop.

I haven't had any problems with collections. The only problem I had was that the JDB attorney that actually sued me started sending letters on the exact same account again. He was one letter away from suing again. GeeeZ!!

I was very nice to them, I called and faxed proof of the original law suit and told them to look at pacer. They assured me I would never hear from them again. I better NOT!! I won't be so nice the next time.

scumbag CAs trying to convince us that our discharged debt is legally obligated to be paid? More so than any other consumer?

Most of what you'll get are offers for great deals on car financing, but there will be the doofus from time-to-time who goes out fishing to try and convince a less-well-informed BK filer.

I have seen attempts such as "the only thing discharged was $xxx.xx principal and you still owe $xx.xx in fees," or "this is a collection for a medical debt and those aren't dischargeable."

One of my favorites was a collector lady who told the target they were going to file an appeal to the bankruptcy court unless they got a check by phone payment within the hour and if they did file, then they'd get the whole amount instead of the half they were demanding. This of course was on a Saturday.

The most common mistake people make post-discharge is to answer their own phone. Get an answering machine, use the machine's default answering message (NEVER identify yourself or your phone number) and don't return calls from anyone you don't know. If they're going to do anything legitimate, they're going to have to do it in writing.

great deals

I would hardly call car loans with 19-23% interest rates a "GREAT" deal !!!

If you didn't opt out with the credit bureaus what you WILL get is lots of VERY CRAPPY credit 'offers' in your mailbox. Don't even THINK about First Premier, they give you a $300 limit and then charge it up with $280 worth of fees and crap before you even see the card.

Most of these you should just shred and throw in the trash. Do some repair and then research you YOU ask for the cards you want to try for. 99% of the ones you get mailed will be absolutely horrible.

Car dealerships - prepare to have your mailbox spammed to death with letters from car dealerships. I had one place send me no less than 1 letter EVERY SINGLE DAY for almost 2 weeks !! I finally got p.o'd enough and wrote those mental midgets a scathing letter. I told her that I was sick of their mailings, and knew that their 'deals' were nothing but a trap for the uneducated bankrupt. I told them that I thought their tactics might work to sucker other people but I wasn't one of them. I don't need a car, sure as hell don't WANT any car payment. I told them in no uncertain terms that if they didn't stop sending their unasked for solicitations I was going to file a complaint against them with the BBB and the State AG.

I haven't received a single mailing from that dealership since. I still get them from others now and then. I always know when a mailing is from someone trolling the BK records - they always use my full name, including my middle name - its a dead giveaway I can shitcan that letter !!