Odd question

Pooh

I had to old unpaid CO's on my CR. I didputed as not mine and both were verified. They originally showed a balance of $0. But after verification the balance was entered as the amount charged off.

Does this fall under the notification standards? It did have a negative effect on my CR as my scores tanked about 35 points due to the higher balances.

Should the OC ( Cap 1 ) have notified me that there was a change? Might be fishing here but I can hope. :?

I had to old unpaid CO's on my CR. I didputed as not mine and both were verified. They originally showed a balance of $0. But after verification the balance was entered as the amount charged off.

Does this fall under the notification standards? It did have a negative effect on my CR as my scores tanked about 35 points due to the higher balances.

Should the OC ( Cap 1 ) have notified me that there was a change? Might be fishing here but I can hope. :?

If the account was sold, it should show a $0 balance and "sold / transferred to another lender". If they still hold the account, then they're in the right.

And no, they do not have to inform you directly of the outcome of the dispute (ie: what they're going to report to the CRA's).

I cleaned a lot up off of my credit paid stuff got stuff deleted and fixed that was not right. then i got my mom to put me on her visa that she has had foever with a 4800 limit and she owes 246 on the only one it is reporting to right now is ex though so i should see some more jumps here soon, I also opened a new line of credit on my own with orchard bank which is also not reporting yet

hope that helped!

first of all thanks!

the reason why it was so bad to begin with is b/c I was not concerned about it then I started thinking, you know hey I am 28 years old...I really would like to buy a house before I am 50 so I need to start now! Then when I looked I was in for the biggest shock of my life I had stuff on there that has been on there since I was 18, balances wrong when i was late was wrong co's that I had no idea about...now I still have some charge offs that are on there but I have them as paid

2 months of reading everything I could possibly find then calling the CB's the OC's and the CRA's and jumping their a** every couple of days now stuff is starting to get better for me

The one thing that I have learned is be right on top of it and know that it will get better if you keep trying! :wink:

Im in the same boat as you. I wanted a new car last year and got the same shock. I was not aware of this board a year ago though to learn from. I paid a few COs thinking it would help me and I learned the hard way if they wont delete it, DONT PAY IT. I have quite a tough road to travel to get cpais ollections and reported as a zero balance removed from my report. Anyone have some tips to get these removed?