needed: Wolpoff & Abramson advice (My Discover Drama 2)

pilotbonsai

Well I contact Wolpoff & Abramson as per my discover account with regards to the settlement offer (for details see "My Discover Drama" http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35953). They are very explicit about the time frame and they will not budge nither will they provide any proof that they represent Discover. I am having difficulty with them in the cooperation area and when I call them next I will record the phone call. However, I am wondering what kind of force am I working with? can they be resonable (probably a dumb question)?

How likely would it be to get them to delete the trade line completely?

If it isn't in writing would they sell the remainder to another Agency?

In a nut shell what am I to expect?

W&A probably doesn't represent Discover. Most likely they represent a JDB who is attempting to collect. W&A is about the worst and others concur. They work for known scoundrals and thugs! MBNA has gotten a tarnished image for having W&A handle their arbitration accounts. The owner of your debt should be listed on paperwork you would have received. Did you request DV?

9 out of 10 times when a discover account is with Wolpoff the account is assigned by discover not a JDB.

They are offering 60% which is what they always offer.

No, they will not remove the TL. Its not their call anyway because more than likely they are not on your credit report. Only discover as a charge off.

My advice once again is to take the 60% if you have the loot if not DV them but xpect the account to be placed with a local attorney for suit and then you are looking at a much worse situation.

Wolpoff normally only holds the accounts for 90 days and then it goes to a local attorney. If you Dv them don't expect much...usually when you do Dv them they simply turn it back over to Discover and then to a local attorney.

I'm sorry to say that your choices are limited and although, I can not say this is the case every time I'm very very confident in saying its 95% of the time to work this way.

I was lucky when midland sicced W&A on me. I sent them a dv, after they started calling me with their automated machine. from the date that they received the request for validation (during hte initial 30 day period), their automated machine called me 36 times, as well as countless hangups. they took more than 90 days to return the validation, and when they did, all it was was a single sheet of paper, with midland's invoice on it. after I returned that, demanding proper information, I never heard from them again.

I'm assuming that it was returned to midland, since they started bugging me for money eventually.

I called W&A told them I was taping the conversation, let them know I knew exactly who they were and how they worked. I never heard from them again. The account they called about concerned a family member who no longer lives here though. Never received any mail from them either.

As it happens, the family member they were trying to collect from is a full time student, so, no money anyway.

I was lucky when midland sicced W&A on me. I sent them a dv, after they started calling me with their automated machine. from the date that they received the request for validation (during hte initial 30 day period), their automated machine called me 36 times, as well as countless hangups. they took more than 90 days to return the validation, and when they did, all it was was a single sheet of paper, with midland's invoice on it. after I returned that, demanding proper information, I never heard from them again.

You didn't sue them?!

• 4 weeks later...

I got W&A to withdraw an arbitration proceeding against my wife when she defaulted on paying on a Discover account due to being laid off. No real legal wrangling involved, I simply told them that if they wanted to get paid, then they would have to conform to our payment plan , or if they pushed the issue we show up to the arbitration meeting just to make them work, and after they received a judgement we would file bankruptcy (in Texas, before the law changed) and they would receive jackshit! They withdrew the arbitration proceedings. She subsequently filed anyway and got all he debt dismissed. That was two years ago, she now has several non secured credit cards, the issuers have raised her limits without her asking, and she was even listed on our house loan and it did not affect our interest rate. (I had the bank run the numbers with and without her on the loan). It (bankruptcy) was so much better than being under the thumb of debt. It also doesn't have to ruin you life or take seven to ten years to get out form under.