Back up and swinging !

Hi guys, I am back again... had to evacuate due to Hurricane Rita.

Found a welcome home letter from EQUIFAX.

After threatening to sue them , and reporting them to my attorney general ( thanks to your outstanding guidence ! :D ) they finally replied after months of no responses at all.

They refuse to delete old /closed accopunts from my report with them....even though trans. & exper. have deleted them from theirs!

I even sent copies of the letters from the oc's that says THEY have contacted the 3 majors, telling them to delete the file.

Still Equifax says all is verified...and it belongs to me.

They arent even payiong attention to what I requested :x

WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT ???

Thank you guys for everything!

There are two choices: 1. Sue EQ in a court of law 2. Send EQ a notice that in order to maintain credit files on you they must submit to the authority of the GAF (Grim's Arbitration Forum).

The GAF is just as fair as the NAF for the creditors that we always find in favor of the consumer. The penalties for being convicted in the kangaroo court of NAF is long term financial disaster. The GAF gets it's award from the CRA thru more gruesome means and it's not pleasant to discuss in public. But you won't have to worry about that CRA again :twisted:

Hi guys, I am back again... had to evacuate due to Hurricane Rita.

Found a welcome home letter from EQUIFAX.

After threatening to sue them , and reporting them to my attorney general ( thanks to your outstanding guidence ! :D ) they finally replied after months of no responses at all.

They refuse to delete old /closed accopunts from my report with them....even though trans. & exper. have deleted them from theirs!

I even sent copies of the letters from the oc's that says THEY have contacted the 3 majors, telling them to delete the file.

Still Equifax says all is verified...and it belongs to me.

They arent even payiong attention to what I requested :x

WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT ???

Thank you guys for everything!

No doubt about it. Sue them. It will cost you some time and some cash up front, but you will recover your expenses upon judgment. What you're dealing with at this stage are very low-level employees and the only thing that can overcome an obstinate worker-bee and his or her supervisor is the legal department.

Never forget that CRA's real customer's are the people who buy credit reports and scores. They have no motive whatsoever to rapidly or dligently do anything that improves a credit score because that eventually translates into lower interest rates for their actual customers.

And FYI - if you're AG is in Texas, when it comes to consumer protection you'd be in the "all hat and no cattle" situation. Unless it is big enough to affect a large block of the voting population and their view of him, it'll be real quietly ignored.