lapoolboy

Disputing old addresses

None of the TLs on any of my reports is linked to my current address. I have been living here for over 2 years. Is it pointless for me to dispute my old, obsolete addresses since ALL of my negative TLs are attached to them?

As a side note, I haven't gotten any dunning letters, phone calls, or any communication whatsoever from any OCs, CAs, or JDBs at the address I'm living at now. My mother is; however, getting correspondence from time to time. My question is this...Can I DV at anytime since I don't know when initial contact was made? I'm sure alot of these are outside of the initial 30 days. I may not have a leg to stand on.

DV them.....I don't think calling is a good idea.......simply state that you pulled your credit report and saw them on there....I would call the CRA's and delete the old addresses though, that way if there is a trade line that may pop up, it is easier to dispute since address is not yours.....just my 2 cents

good luck!

None of the TLs on any of my reports is linked to my current address. I have been living here for over 2 years. Is it pointless for me to dispute my old, obsolete addresses since ALL of my negative TLs are attached to them?
Yes, you need to have any old addresses removed. All of your personal info should be updated an accurate. The more old addresses you have on your report the higher the probability that your records could get mixed up with someone elses.
As a side note, I haven't gotten any dunning letters, phone calls, or any communication whatsoever from any OCs, CAs, or JDBs at the address I'm living at now.
This would be because your current address is not on your reports, the don't know where to send it to. If you are worried about getting lots of stuff at home you may want to set up a peronal mail box at a Mail Boxes Etc type of a place and start having all of your mail sent there. That was my only saving grace from getting sued before I could get all my letters out, they couldnt find me.

My mother is; however, getting correspondence from time to time. My question is this...Can I DV at anytime since I don't know when initial contact was made? I'm sure alot of these are outside of the initial 30 days. I may not have a leg to stand on

Yes, you can still DV. You just need to send a letter to the CA stating that it has appeared on your CR and you want validation.

Good Luck!

I started deleting my old address with EX and they would not delete any of my old address that were tied to a TL. I disputed because a NEG TL was tide to my CR which was truley someone else with the same name.

The funny thing is they would not delete the address until I got proof that this was not my account from the CA. They only deleted the address after the TL was deleted. I currently have a TL tide to wrong address and they wont delete the address because the TL exist. ? ?