ChrisFL

FCRA Question

(2) Prompt notice of dispute to furnisher of information.

(A) In general. Before the expiration of the 5-business-day period beginning on the date on which a consumer reporting agency receives notice of a dispute from any consumer in accordance with paragraph (1), the agency shall provide notification of the dispute to any person who provided any item of information in dispute, at the address and in the manner established with the person. The notice shall include all relevant information regarding the dispute that the agency has received from the consumer.

(B) Provision of other information from consumer. The consumer reporting agency shall promptly provide to the person who provided the information in dispute all relevant information regarding the dispute that is received by the agency from the consumer after the period referred to in subparagraph (A) and before the end of the period referred to in paragraph (1)(A).

Paragraph A. Does that mean that when I send in my DV letter that each CRA has 5 days to send me a letter saying they recieved my request? Or does it mean that they have 5 days to contact the OC and ask for proof of this tradeline?

Paragraph A. Does that mean that when I send in my DV letter that each CRA has 5 days to send me a letter saying they recieved my request? Or does it mean that they have 5 days to contact the OC and ask for proof of this tradeline?

They have five business days to contact the furnisher of info (yknow the guys putting stuff on your report), with the details of the dispute.