Sign in to follow this  
jjclark

Bumping

You will need to get the "paper-version" of your reports. The easiest way to get them is to dispute accounts or personal info (maybe they got your job or some name-variations wrong on file) over the phone or online from your report. That's free. You might also get them if you purchase them but I never did that before...(only online).

They always send you a letter with the result of the dispute. I disputed so many things during the last two months, I almost get a report every week from all 3... :p

I started seeing bumpage from TU from about 50 inqs. I know EX doesn't bump, but EQ, they say it's about 100 inqs. I'm down to 2 from 18 with TU (auto loan). Good luck.

Excuse my newbie ignorance, but what does bumpage do for your credit score?? I'm using TU for a 3 in 1 report and also have EX an EQ accounts, but use TU mostly. I'm assuming it chips away at your score and makes it higher, but not by much. LOL, sounds like something a drag racer would do to make his car run .010 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile!! I'm down for this!

Excuse my newbie ignorance, but what does bumpage do for your credit score?? I'm using TU for a 3 in 1 report and also have EX an EQ accounts, but use TU mostly. I'm assuming it chips away at your score and makes it higher, but not by much. LOL, sounds like something a drag racer would do to make his car run .010 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile!! I'm down for this!

It does add to your score as hard inquiries count roughly 2 points each.

However it also can help in the sense that some lenders view too many inquiries as a negative. They may be concerned that you are seeking so much credit.

I have a question. Does bumpage work on EQ with TrueCredit? And, with EQs CreditWatch Gold, can you pull daily reports?

I have a question. Does bumpage work on EQ with TrueCredit? And, with EQs CreditWatch Gold, can you pull daily reports?

Yes, many members of this forum are already using TrueCredit for that purpose. CreditWatch Gold from EQ offers you daily access to your EQ-report, but ONLY to this one instead of all 3 as TrueCredit does.

Wiil TrueCredit still work if you have activated a Fraud Alert with all three CRAs?

Yes, it will. I currently have a fraud alert on file but I can pull my reports every day.

With Truecredit do you have to order a 3-in-1 report ($29.99), just to be able to sign up for the monitoring of all 3 reports ($9.95 a month)? Or is there a way to set up the 3-in-1 monitoring by itself?

With Truecredit do you have to order a 3-in-1 report ($29.99), just to be able to sign up for the monitoring of all 3 reports ($9.95 a month)? Or is there a way to set up the 3-in-1 monitoring by itself?

Not 100% sure on that, but as far as I know, you have to buy this $29.99-package to sign up (and get the first month free....)... :x

Not 100% sure on that, but as far as I know, you have to buy this $29.99-package to sign up (and get the first month free....)... :x

That is exactly how it works. Once you purchase the product, you pay the $29.99 and the first month is free. After that, every month is $9.99

Just sign up on the Walmart site it's like $7.95 a month or call them up i just received an email from truecredit they were running a $5.95 special. I already signed up on the walmart site so Im going to call them and see if I can get the cheaper rate.

I was able to sign up for Walmart's TrueCredit for 7.95/mo. without spending the initial 29.95 for the 3 in 1 report.

Here's how to do it:

First go to the www.TRANSUNION.com (NOT the walmart site)

At the bottom right of the screen, go to "Other Credit Report Options" and select "personal credit report at no charge". You will then be presented with a list of situations that would qualify you to receive a free credit report. Select the option that applies to you. (I was denied credit by citibank recently so that's what I chose).

Fill in your personal information - leave the credit score and debt analysis boxes unchecked (these will be included in your TrueCredit membership later anyway so don't bother paying extra at this point), and create an account.

Once you receive your free Transunion online report, sign out and then go to the Financial Services - Credit Reports link on the Walmart.com website.

Sign on with the same ID and password you created when you received the free Transunion report.

You will then be presented with the option to sign up for TrueCredit at 7.95/mo. (they add sales tax so you might pay slightly more than that).

Input your payment info and you will get your first 3-in-one report with credit scores, debt analysis, community forum access, etc...

Hope this helps those of you who are thinking of signing on with TrueCredit!

The only problem I have is that EX for some reason does not release my report to them. But I don't mind because I have a report number and just use that to access EX directly. I also see the inquiries every day on EX. So even though TC does not show me the report, its still giving me the inquiry.

I am going to try EQ 3in1 gold next and see how that goes.

Just wondering - in the "them" above are you talking about TrueCredit? If so, how do you get this report number from TrueCredit and use that to access EX directly?

Can you take a TrueCredit 3-in-1 report and use that to dispute online with any of the big 3?

Thanks,

FS

You don't have to. Once you click on "Inaccuracies" to access your EX to start disputes, just use that report # on that EX report to access your current report. Go to Experian.com and click on Review Report Again. Use the report # from the report you accessed via TC. (Hopes this makes sense.)

• Like 1