lapoolboy

Response I got to my DV from Credit Protection

Here is the response letter I got after I DVed Credit Protection Associates on a Blockbuster charge they are trying to collect:

Dear Sir,

Your correspondence did not include an account number and we are not able to find an account that matches the name or address provided in your correspondence.

If you could please provide the following, I will do everything I can to work with you and resolve this matter:

-complete account number

-other names that might be linked to the account (maiden or married)

-other addresses that the account might be associated with

-account balance

-social security number

-original creditor

Alternatively, if you could send me a copy of the credit bureau entry - I should be able to find it from that information.

Please feel free to mail this information to me or if you would like to work directly with me on the phone to find the account, you can contact me on the phone at blah blah.

Thank you for your help in providing this information so that we may locate the account and work with you to resolve this matter.

What should I do? Tell them to f*** off and delete this account or I'll sue them? Isn't this the classic buying time letter? If they are reporting the negative TL, they should have enough info to find the account. Should I write a letter to this effect asking for immediate deletion?

anyone??? If they have enough info. to report it, then I would think they have enough to find and validate it. Am I right? Before I found this site and I called them back in April, they apparently had enough info. to find it - they marked it as "disputed" on all 3 CRs. All I did was call, give my name, and the partial account number that was on my CR. I read here somewhere that I should not provide the CAs with any info. they don't already have. I figured my name and address would be sufficient. Is this just a stall tactic or do I really need to provide them with more info.? And if so, what? Or should I just do nothing? Please help, I don't want to miss my window of opportunity.

well, when i was stupid and uneducated, i called them to dispute it. I told her my name, the OC, and the partial account number that appeared on the report. She said she'd look into it and to call back in 30 days for the results. Since then, I found this site and have done nothing since April when I called. To this day, the TL is still listed as "disputed" on all the reports but I have recieved zero correspondence from them regarding this issue. My thinking is that they had enough information to find the account if they listed it as "disputed." So, last week, when I sent the DV letter, I made reference to the fact that this was my second attempt to resolve this issue. All I gave them in this letter was my name and address. Now, they want a copy of the TL off the report, or my SSN, other addresses, account balance, maiden names, etc. (anything to link me to the account) I'm thinking they're crazy if they want me to provide them with proof against me. But, how can they delete the TL if they can't find it? I'm lost.

well, when i was stupid and uneducated, i called them to dispute it. I told her my name, the OC, and the partial account number that appeared on the report. She said she'd look into it and to call back in 30 days for the results. Since then, I found this site and have done nothing since April when I called. To this day, the TL is still listed as "disputed" on all the reports but I have recieved zero correspondence from them regarding this issue. My thinking is that they had enough information to find the account if they listed it as "disputed." So, last week, when I sent the DV letter, I made reference to the fact that this was my second attempt to resolve this issue. All I gave them in this letter was my name and address. Now, they want a copy of the TL off the report, or my SSN, other addresses, account balance, maiden names, etc. (anything to link me to the account) I'm thinking they're crazy if they want me to provide them with proof against me. But, how can they delete the TL if they can't find it? I'm lost.

Okay... SOMETHING should come up on their computers under your name. I mean cmon. How many CA accounts do they have in your county with your name for Blockbuster?

I definitely wouldn't be sending a copy of my report or my SSN, balances or anything.

Send them whatever account# they are reporting. If they send you another letter back asking for more info because they can't find it well..

Tell them they better figure it out really quick, because the lawsuit is coming and you guys are acting pretty inept. It's amazing how fast files are found when a summons is issued.

cool, thanks...i'll send another letter giving them the account number as it appears on my credit report. Any wording I should use? As a side note, I fired off disputes to the CRAs as soon as I got back the green card from the CA. Should I just wait and see what becomes of those? I did send the account number, proof of identity and residency to the CRAs because I knew they'd try to delay and ask for it anyway. Will the CA not be able to verify with the CRA since I got a letter from the CA stating they can't find the account? I fear that if I send the account number to the CA and they find the account they'll verify with the CRA. Even though that would be a violation since they hadn't validated with me first. So, if the CRAs ask them to verify and the CA say's "we can't find an account" then it'll be deleted right? Or will the CRAs just give the CA the account number to help them find it?

cool, thanks...i'll send another letter giving them the account number as it appears on my credit report. Any wording I should use?

"Hey jackasses, how many of you idiots does it take to type in my name on the computer and find out what this is about?"

:)

Just reference the fact that you've disputed this over the phone and in writing previously and you don't like the run around you're getting.

How are they reporting to the CRAs?

It is simply listed as a collection account. placed for collection in 1/2003, last updated in 4/2003 when i disputed by phone. it is listed "disputed" on all reports. They haven't reported to the CRAs since I disputed it by phone in April. I read somewhere that they can't remain disputed forever. A resolution has to come sometime. It has been 6 months. See edit to previous post.