Back from a short break and I am ticked!!

blel0906

I decided to take a couple months off from disputing and I lost 50pts on EQ...I can't figure out why!!!!! I even had a BK drop off that I was not expecting until 1/06 I figured this would really bump my score up...

I was so sure I would see 600's (I was at 586 when I took my break) I have even been able to build up some new credit...Target gave me instant approval and and Dell gave me instant approval as well...I have used my target card and pay it off immediately...Dell does not even show up yet but it was for a computer bought for business and the business will pay it right off...

I found 2 things that should be legit easy fixes and disputed online...1 being Providian sold my account to SSI and they both list my history..Providian never updated their records to show my account as paid off and I have only been with SSI since July so they have no right to copy my Providian history..

I had disputed my mortgage back in August as it was listed 2 times..EQ refused to fix claiming that it was not a dup listing when it clearly was Mortgage co said they renumbered accounts and the old should have been deleted so they sent out a letter but it deleted my mortgage all together from Exp and TU and only the good renumbered account from EQ...So they have no updated info since early 2004 on a month I was 30 days late...had they deleted the right one then I would have no lates listed...

I was not expecting to hit a perfect score with my BK's removed but I certainly expected to get into the mid 600 range at least becomming a fair credit risk not remaining a poor one.. I did a dispute online but I am thinking I should take advantage of the holiday season and start calling them and try to get some of my headaches removed (Chase). I have heard of people getting stuff removed instantly whats the best technique to get this done? I am a bit concerned about my online dispute as their was no verification that it was recieved..

I was so sure I would see 600's (I was at 586 when I took my break) I have even been able to build up some new credit...Target gave me instant approval and and Dell gave me instant approval as well...I have used my target card and pay it off immediately...Dell does not even show up yet but it was for a computer bought for business and the business will pay it right off...

Not sure about the other stuff, but just a couple of questions.

When you apply and receive credit accounts, your score tends to go down a little until you establish some history, but I am unsure when it was you applied for these accounts.

Also, you mentioned that you paid the credit accounts off immediately. So is it fair to say that your credit accounts are reporting 0 balances every month, if so that is not going to help you because it will appear that you are not using the credit accounts. If this is the case, you probably want to find out when these creditors report your information to the Big 3 and make sure you have a balance on that date and then pay it off, so a balance will show.

- Mike G.

Target has only been reporting for 3 months...usually shows a balance I pay when I get the statement the whole balance but usually make a charge in the interm...trying to use it not may it (only a $300 limit)

Dell has not yet appeared on my credit reports...

I think updating my mortgage and fixing the Providian SSI sold transfered account is going to help because mortgage last updated 10/2004 shows status as past due with 11 30 day lates...11/04 I got smart and set up for automatic mortgage deductions from my checking so no lates since that date

Providian shows I have a balance of $546 on a $500 limit...2 30 day lates in 2004 no update since July 2005 when sold to SSI--SSI shows balance of $346 on $500 limit and the same history duplicated...

My other accounts which have a few dings are on a credit management program...so they don't show available credit only NA and balance due...this is making my usuage appear to be 109%...the explainations at the end of these reports can be confusing because then it goes on to say I have $178 of available credit...Whats really frustrating is when I use the simulator and say pay off the accounts in full it does little to improve my score...I played with one lump sum 6 months etc and I can't seem to break the 600's....but over 18-24 months then we get major improvement...I want to pay these off I don't want to drag it out for 2 years...also I have found it easier to dispute the lates after the account is paid off and closed...I think its harder for them to find the info in their system after a few months..