How do I fix this mess

tryingtodigout

Folks, I need help with this situation.

I have two separate accounts that are listed by the OC on all my CR. Small amount, under $500. During the beginning of my repair process, I disputed the account. Well EX deleted one and verified the other. TU and EQ verified both. All along one of the accounts showed I went 30 days delinquent in '99 and the other in '01. The account that went delinquent in '99 has a zero balance and due to come off my report next year. The account that went delinquent in '01 is still within SOL and has a balance of less than $500. Couple more years to go on that one.

Okay, here is what I did. I disputed online with TU thinking if the first one falls off early, no harm done. Then I would only have the other one left. Well, the OC changed the DOLA. They updated the account to show that it was charged off after it was paid. I know for a fact it was paid before they are saying it was paid. Now both accounts will stay on till '08. What can I do here. The problem also is that my CR is only showing partial account #'s. EX is telling me they don't have the complete info and the account are now on there till '08 in stead of one falling off in '06. I have many hard copies of my reports to show how the account was reporting for over five years, now all of a sudden its changed. These accounts had not even been updated in four years. Now EQ is reporting updated info as of 10/05.

What is the probability that the OC would sue for that small of an amount? I would think it would not be worth their time?

What can I do here.

What you need is proof that it was paid off BEFORE the date it is listing as the DOLA. If you have that, you can probably draft a very persuasive ITS letter. If you do not have the proof of when it was paid, the battle is going to be much harder for you. What you need to do now is start gathering the records of your original report, the new report with the CRA verification and updates listed. Once you have all of that together, send a DV letter.

I wouldn't be worried about whether the OC will come after you, I would be trying to collect the paperwork that will allow you to go after them!