Trans Union Makes It Very Hard

Loser

I went to the Trans Union web site to dispute some trade lines they are reporting on my CR and I discovered that their on line system is crap. So I opted to do it the old snail mail way. However when I went to print out their "state approved form" nothing happened. :( Three seperate browsers and NOTHING.

Why do CRA's have to make disputing items so damn difficult?

Just to note a lesson I just learned...

I recently mailed two seperate dispute letters to TransUnion and just received a response in the mail. There are many problems with this response..

1) It doesn't reference which of my disputes they are responding to;

2) It's not really a repsonse, as it just says 'Our records show that our consumer relations center at the address listed below is currently investigating your dispute."

3) "Re: Verification documents not available."

I can see what's happening here and it's really a bad faith game they're playing. But ok. I can play too. It's going to make the process much longer of addressing the several items that I have but ok.

Anyway - the point of writing this post is to make others aware of TransUnion's practices when it comes to disputes and communication. I knew it would be difficult, but didn't expect it to be this bad.

I've learned (luckily, early on) that I need to pay extra attention to all dealings with TU.

In short (for me):

When working with TransUnion I will address each item individually and in a linear order (one at a time after each issue has been resolved)., and keep records of all communication...document.... document... document.

If others have experience or advice to add I'm sure it would be appreciated by more than just me.

I recently disputed 7 IIBs that should have fallen off already. I disputed online. By the end of the first week, the online status said that 7 of the 8 items had been completed. I called 2 weeks later and the rep told me that the 7 items had already been removed from my report. I have no idea yet if they're really gone, or they just removed them temporarily until they can finish the investigation. You never know with these people.

I recently disputed 7 IIBs that should have fallen off already. I disputed online. By the end of the first week, the online status said that 7 of the 8 items had been completed. I called 2 weeks later and the rep told me that the 7 items had already been removed from my report. I have no idea yet if they're really gone, or they just removed them temporarily until they can finish the investigation. You never know with these people.

They probably have been deleted. If I were you I would pay to get my credit report over the Internet and print a hard copy in case the accounts get reinserted.

This all took place only a few days ago. I am going to wait at least a month before I get any more reports from anyone. I have also been having problems with Capital One (big shock) not reporting my accounts AT ALL to TU, so I want to see how that shakes out too. I want all these things to get a chance to settle in before I pull another report

It's just amazing, the racket they all have going here. They make the mistakes, and you have to keep paying to ensure they are not only corrected, but stay correct. I don't know why the reponsibility and expense always falls on the consumer to babysit, and make sure these people do their jobs correctly. What's next, paying nine bucks for a bank statement every month?

This all took place only a few days ago. I am going to wait at least a month before I get any more reports from anyone. I have also been having problems with Capital One (big shock) not reporting my accounts AT ALL to TU, so I want to see how that shakes out too. I want all these things to get a chance to settle in before I pull another report

It's just amazing, the racket they all have going here. They make the mistakes, and you have to keep paying to ensure they are not only corrected, but stay correct. I don't know why the reponsibility and expense always falls on the consumer to babysit, and make sure these people do their jobs correctly. What's next, paying nine bucks for a bank statement every month?

That's sad that you won't pay 9$ to lock in 7 deletions!!!!

rotz.gifsad.gifeek4.gifnervous.gif

Wow!

wow.gif

And yes it is amazing the private corporations have so much control over us. But the way to deal with the problem is to learn how to fight back. Control the information that is being distributed about you.

The next time you go and vote you might consider voting for the democrats so we can get the neocon republicans out of the white house, the house, and the senate! They are the ones that prevent the CRA's from being more fair and reasonable!

Alex, how will paying $9 "lock in" deletions? You can print out your report from the computer, plus when they resolve disputes you get a paper copy in the regular mail. I wasn't about to pay for another report so soon after getting one.

And I've been voting Democrat since I was old enough to vote. And that's, er... many years.

It's just that without a paper copy of a credit report the accounts can and often are reinserted back onto a credit report by the Original Creditor (OC). Unfortunately, it happens all the time. Frankly, I don't usually pay for credit reports or pay for a monitoring service but if I had verbal conformation from a CRA that negative accounts were gone I would pay for a paper credit report ASAP.

Re-insertion is easy enough to deal with, but you need a credit report from the actual CRA that shows that the account was not there and another one showing that it was added back on later.

I am glad that you vote democrat. Unfortunately, the banks and the CRA's pay a lot of money to lobbyists in Washington to keep the consumer laws loose. For example, a new anti identity theft bill is bouncing around in congress these days. At first, it looked like congress would stop the identity theft problem cold. Then, it became apparent that congress wants to make their ID theft laws supersede all state laws. If their law then, later on, gets watered down, we will be stuck with increasing identity theft problems for years to come.

I never said I had my deletions done over the phone and I was taking their word for it. I disputed online. I have dated confirmation from them of which items were deleted, and also an updated report showing them gone. The paper that comes out of my printer is good enough for me.

I never said I had my deletions done over the phone and I was taking their word for it. I disputed online. I have dated confirmation from them of which items were deleted, and also an updated report showing them gone. The paper that comes out of my printer is good enough for me.

but it's not good enough for court if it were to come to that.

A dated confirmation from TransUnion (not an email, but printed from their site) saying "here's the results of our investigation... we deleted this, this and this" would do just fine in court. Especially coupled with a corroborating "paper" copy of your credit report showing the items are indeed gone. They send you a copy when the dispute is completed.

I fully understand being cautious. But come on. :roll: