lapoolboy

What now????

I fired off two DV letters last week. Got the green cards back, sent disputes to all 3 CRAs. Got a letter back from one CA wanting more information because they couldn't find an account to match my name and address. I ignored it thus far. Haven't yet heard from the other CA. Today, got a letter from TU saying both came back verified! What do I do now?! Sent ITS letters to both CAs demanding they delete their entries since they verified with the CRAs before validating to me? They also changed one entry to read "factoring company." Isn't there something special I read somewhere I can do to deal with those?

Today, got a letter from TU saying both came back verified! What do I do now?

WAIT until the 35th day from the date that the DV CMRRR is signed. THEN if the CA hasn't properly responded to your DV letter you have a verifiable violation.

I believe you have to go through the same DV - CRA Investigation again to get two verifiable violations before you proceed with ITS. Otherwise the court will throw out your claim as a corporate error, (we humans aren't allowed to make mistakes - only collection companies and creditors...)

Best wishes,

double check with what other will say...

But I would Ignore the request for more information.

Because -

1. You give them an automatic 15 day extension if you respond.

2. They should have all the info they need to process your request. After all they put it on your credit in the first place.

3. They are collecting or gathering information on you from your communications so they can manufacture "data" to respond to your request.

They need to "put up or shut up." Not ask for more information.

Good luck and don't rush it... Chill out and wait.

(Double check with what others here will say... )

But I would Ignore the request for more information.

Because -

1. You give them an automatic 15 day extension if you respond.

2. They should have all the info they need to process your request. After all they put it on your credit in the first place.

3. They are collecting or gathering information on you from your communications so they can manufacture "data" to respond to your request.

They need to "put up or shut up." Not ask for more information.

Good luck and don't rush it... Chill out and wait.

Agree w/ Radio Guy, additional info automatic 15 day ext. If you provided TL, SS, DOB, Name and address and dispute what else could they need to proceed. However,be careful not to be in a situation where the TL account reports as ABC to you in your reports but to the CRA it reports as 123. Example is RMA shows to the consumer as RSKMGT but to the dumass at TU it may appear as Office Services. In that case you should get a letter stating "item not contained in your report" yet it really is.

I didn't give them DOB, SSN, TL, etc. I sent them a letter with my name and address as it appears on my credit reports. I didn't want to give them more info. than they already had. I did, however, send proof of identity and residency in my dispute letters to the CRAs.

I did, however, send proof of identity and residency in my dispute letters to the CRAs.

That, along with the account information that is listed on your CR, is all they need to properly respond to your request.

Good Luck.

well, i find it odd that the CAs can verify to the CRAs since the CAs told me they needed more information to find my account. So they've verified with the CRAs without first validating to me. I'm basing my 30 days from initial contact on first seeing their TLs on my reports. I have moved and have recieved no correspondence from them. I only knew of them when I saw them on my reports. So, I still have them on a violation, right? I disputed one way back in April and they marked it as "disputed." I DV them again last week and they say they want more info. to find my account, but they verify with TU so far. On the new report TU sent me, it lists that TL and says "date verified - 4/2005". Soooo, they verified with the CRA waaaaay back in April without ever sending me anything.

(Please try to space out your sentences into paragraphs to make your posts easier to read.)

The verification process is basically automated computers talking to computers so there is nothing unusual about the CA verifying to the CRA before they have sent you the response to your DV request.

Technically, They can get away with an addditional 29 days to mark your account in dispute with the CRAs from the date they signed the CMRRR.

I'm basing my 30 days from initial contact on first seeing their TLs on my reports.

This is a very exact process. The 30 days starts from the date they signed the green card. Give the USPS 5 additional days for delivering their respomse letter to you and then you have them on a technical violation. Which is worthless and won't help you if you tip over the apple cart to soon. (Don't forget you need to print out the CRs everyday which should show that they didn't mark the TL in dispute.)

You then need to RE- DV them again,( and re-investigate with the CRAs,) In your letter state that this is a second request. (There are sample letters all over the site.) When they don't answer your DV request a second time only then can you show a willful violation.

THEN - you've got them.

As far as moving goes, if the return address section on your DV request listed your new address, you're all set. If it lists your old address, you've got to start all over again because a forwarding order with the Post Office is considered imperfect and all they have to do is say they set it to your old address.

On the new report TU sent me, it lists that TL and says "date verified - 4/2005". Soooo, they verified with the CRA waaaaay back in April without ever sending me anything.

This is murky, if you have a signed green card for your DV request, ( with the proper address etc.,) then this might be the first violation. (Especially, since they just sent you a letter asking for more information.)

In my experience, I waited 45 days for my first DV response just to make sure they couldn't say they received new info from me. (I also wanted to ponder my next move.) On the 50th day, as I was writing my second DV letter, I received a letter stating they removed the TL.

Good luck,