Sign in to follow this  
jjclark

CRAP1 is still CRAP1

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have managed to have all of my negs removed from my CR's, but one............and you know who it is.....CRAP1.

My efforts in contacting the Execs at the the CA's has paid off, believe it or not. Each CA has agreed to and has removed the negs, (that I could not remove through disputes with the CRA's) but CRAP1 only agreed to take my 90 days late to 30. They refused to remove all of the negative information.

I guess that is some progress, for them.

I have gone from 9 negs to 1 in just two months. I'm quite proud of myself.

:D

If anyone has any suggestions on who I can speak with directly at CRAP1, let me know!!

Congrats on getting your negatives removed. Its such a good feeling when they come off your report. I do a little dance whenever one comes off. LOL :D

How old is the debt? How did you get them to take off the lates? Crap1 is very hard to get rid of. They rarely sell their debt and don't do PFD etc from what I hear and read.

If someone has a suggestion, I am sure they will chime in.

The account was paid in full and closed in 2003. I just bugged and bugged them with emails until they called.

The first time they called, their rep said that because it was not due to bank error they could not help......But I just kept on emailing the execs.

From my read receipt, I noticed that they had to been having meetings about my emails because the emails were opened and forwarded two dozen times between them. Three days later, the same rep calls and says she's calling in behalf of the execs and that they are being quite gracious and changing my 90 days late to 30 and they could not remove all the negs due to FCRA laws of having to report accurate information....blah..blah..blah.

If they can remove some negs, they can remove all! They are such liars!

I tried to talk her into doing more, but she refused. She faxed me a letter of confirmation and that was that.

But, now that I have the letter and I know I can prove the change of 90 to 30, I'm going to keep on bugging the execs about total removal of the negs. I've sent two emails today. One immediately after the phone call from the Rep.

I'll keep you updated.

Well at least that's better. A 30 day late (-40 points) is a lot less of a FICO hit than a 90 day late (-100 points).